PDA

View Full Version : HELP

Sophie123
12-01-12, 21:12
I am really struggling tonight. I am on day 2 of Citalapram and I feel really really bad. I keep thinking I am going to collapse and I am so frightened. Sorry to keep asking but can anyone offer any reassurance. I keep feeling really hot and tingly and sick and the sensations are really scaring me:weep:

pinkdove
12-01-12, 21:30
Hi sophie, Please try to calm down, what you are feeling is the increased anxiety you can get when starting cit, are you still taking 20mg ?

You are not going to collapse, and u know it is frightening, but it will pass.

Try distraction of any kind, if you can, try to relax, take deep breaths, maybe watch a film, do you have anyone to talk too ?

Perhaps you could ring a friend or family member who would understand and support you.

But please remember what you are feeling are probably side effects and will pass. take care xx

Sophie123
12-01-12, 21:42
Thank you so much for your reassurance. I think I will be on here a lot in the next few days. I am determined not to give up on these meds. I took 20mg yesterday but just half a tablet today. The doctor said it is ok to take half for a few days until I am more used to them. I just keep feeling really bad but don't want to give up:weep:

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Did you get the hot tingly sensation throughout your body when you started on these meds? That is the bit that really starts my panic attacks off!!!!!

pinkdove
12-01-12, 21:46
Yes i did sophie, and terrible hot flushes, but it passed.

I think 10mg is a better starting point for you, as it will lessen the side effects.

Good for you sticking with it, i'm sure you will feel better once your body adjusts to them, in the meantime, try to keep occupied , rest when you are tired, and go easy on yourself, it takes time, but it is worth the wait. take care x

lpd_302
12-01-12, 21:49
I am on day six of cita. I did get hot tingly sensations and still do some but they don't seem as bad. My anxiety has increased but I know that it is part of the process and I just have to give it some time. Give it some time and it should get better. Hang in there! You may have said but are you taking anything with this such as xanax? It can help with the anxiety side effect. Occupying yourself with something is one of the best things I have found to help.

Shane

Sophie123
12-01-12, 21:53
Thanks for making me feel so much better. It is the hot flushes that are really scary and making me panic. Taks care and thanks again you are a star. I keep reading what you have written and it is making me feel reassured xx

Jonquil
12-01-12, 21:56
Hi Sophie,

It is ok. Day 2 is such early days with the citalopram and these can be tough days. Forty minutes after I took the citalopram on the first day I felt so so sick and and could not believe that such a tiny tablet could have such a big effect...and then I started waking up in the morning feeling really worried that I was going mad. In some ways although the feeling sick was very unpleasant, worrying that I was going mad was most scary. But it did pass and I feel better now than I have for years. It has been worth it. Try to be gentle with your self during this time, do whatever you can to make life as easy as possible and take care! Jx

Sophie123
12-01-12, 22:08
Hi Shane, thanks for that. I hope it does subside a bit soon as it is really horrible as you know. I am not taking anything alongside it as I am really phobic about taking tablets which really does not help the cause:weep: I really cannot wait to start feeling a little bit better :weep:

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Thanks Jonquil, much appreciated. I am going to try and hang in there it is just really hard going as you all know:weep:

lpd_302
12-01-12, 22:58
Sophie,

I am extremely paranoid of meds also. It seems I get the side effects every time LOL. Xanax, I beleieve , has helped me through some of the harshness and no side effects from them for me as I have taken them by themselves and no problems. You do what works best for your body. Take care and hang in there!