PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a hypercondriac! :)

Harribo
12-01-12, 21:50
Hey, my names Harry I am 20 years of age and I am from London :). Been suffering from panic attacks/anxiety for about a year now. Sadly mine was brought on from substance abuse. Which is kind of sad as I brought it appon myself and made bad choices in my life so maybe I deserve to feel like this. Up until I was 16 I hated drugs of all kind. When I was 16 I fell into the wrong crowd of people, I started smoking fags which then led to weed which then led to cocaine, speed, mdma, ketamin. I though I was living some great life style as I had a good job and could afford everything I was doing. But it was one of those situations where you think your happy but then years down the line you realise you are actually a very unahappy person which is what happened when I was around 20. I realised I had made wrong choices in my life and started suffering panic attacks. But I think most sufferers will tell you when you have that first attack its like. I think I am about to die any second now. After I had my first attack and a visit to hospital in an abulance you would think that would of been the wake up call to stop doing what I was doing. But I carried on slowly drifting into deppression having more attacks and more hospital visits. I realised what I had missing in my life and it was love. I always use to end up back at some friends house on the weekends doing drugs and drinking then the prostitutes would come in. I finally realised enough was enough. I was not going to get clean hanging round my so called friends. So I turned to online dating aha? Yes sad I know but it worked out amazingly well for me. After a couple of really bad encounters, I finally met the women of my dreams. She was working at a pub when we arranged to meet up. I had drugs on me and did them. But from that day on I have been clean. We hit it off and I cut out all my friends out my life as they were not going to help me. I am now living with this amazing person my fiance now. We have our own flat. And I have been drug free for 7 months. But......there is always a but. My anxiety and panic attacks have not left me......I rarely have attacks now but 90 percent of the day I feel on edge. I have headaches most days and I just feel like I am in my own bubble. I feel dizzy everyday my vision sometimes goes and acid reflux. I have had around 30 ecgs all normal, blood tests, blood pressure, temperature etc etc eetc and more recently a ct scan! And guess what all normal. So why do I still feel like this? For the first time in my life I am happy. I do not want to go down the drugs route for anxiety. I am a strong person. I quit nearly 5 years of drugs abuse for love. So I know I can control myself. But this is defeating me. And I don't know what the best route to go down is. In the meantime I am sorry for writing so much, now I am going to enjoy reading other peoples storys.

Thanks.
Harry :) x

diane07
12-01-12, 21:51
Hi Harribo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

venusbluejeans
13-01-12, 12:15
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: