PDA

View Full Version : Left-Sided Chest Pain...Help!

Vivi
13-01-12, 16:48
I woke up this morning with a start, and when I tried to go back to sleep, I experienced a sharp pain, like a cramping feeling above my left breast. When I felt there, I discovered that my heart was racing. :weep: Hours later, it still hurts in the same area. It's not the first time this has happened. I'm scared that there's something wrong with my heart.

Cardiac event? Anxiety? Palpitations? Does anyone else get chest pain out of the blue like this?

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Anyone? getting sharp pains, so scared. ugh.

Carys
13-01-12, 17:31
I'm sorry you are so scared Vivi, it is more than likely something really minor like a pinched nerve or pulled muscle.....but you do really need a proper diagnosis from a medical professional. It would be wrong for anyone to tell you not to get this symptom checked. Over here we have NHS Direct, who we can call and then run you through a symptom checker....I don't know how you access medical advice in the states ?

Just to add...

Things wrong with your heart...even 'if' there was...does not mean there is something horrendous going on that can't be treated. However, one thing is for sure, you are better getting a quick check done, than leaving yourself to worry and leaving a condition untreated.

Sorry, I can't be more encouraging.

venusbluejeans
13-01-12, 17:40
We are not able to give you a diagnose you spymptoms for you on here, none of us are medically trained so not qualified to give such advice.

although if you are still worried maybe it would be to go to your doctor to put your mind at rest.

.Poppy.
13-01-12, 23:13
As the others have said, see a doctor or go to the ER.

There are many things that can cause chest pain other than a heart issue - and your heart is probably fine. But better safe than sorry, and you'll feel better once you know you're okay.

Anxious_gal
14-01-12, 05:29
I get the feeling you slept funny, like if it hurtss more when you move about :)