PDA

View Full Version : Will I die?

tnt808
13-01-12, 18:43
I am due to give birth in a little over 8 wks now- I'm terrified! I have done this twice before, but honestly that just makes it worse for me. I can't stop obsessing about this- even when interacting with my family it's still right there in the back of my mind.

I have now convinced myself I have 8wks left to live- and do you know how hard that is to face each day thinking with certain that the time is coming?!?!

I talked to my doctor about my fears- and he said well I can't guarantee nothing will happen, hey thanks for that one doc! Jeezus! That sent me into a panic, and I'm still thinking about that 11 days later.

I realize the odds are low, and I do understand that technology is so advanced these days, but what if I'm the exception?

This is pure torture~:weep:

cjl2301
13-01-12, 19:03
You're getting caught in the old "what if" trap!!! I've been there many times myself, even quite a few times this very day. So first of all know that you are not alone.

The thing about "what if" is that it is meaningless in reality because none of us can ever predict the future. Try to reverse the logic - "what if" everything goes fine in 8 weeks? Well, the odds are in your favor. You've done this twice before and everything went fine, so you got that going for you. You also know that statistically speaking you will be fine.

I know it's so easy to get caught up thinking about the negative and all that does is make us feel bad. It doesn't accomplish anything else!!!

Mirabelle
13-01-12, 19:03
Hi TNT
I had the exact same fear when I had my third child 20 years ago. I was nervous when I went into labour, I was sure I would have a heart attack and die. I didn't and all went smoothly. I feel for you, I k ow how awful it is to feel that way. I wish you all the best and please try to realise that only very few people die in childbirth a d they usually have existing conditions.
xx

happydylbob
13-01-12, 20:03
I am a big time worrier, however when I was pregnant both times, labour was one thing I wasn't worried about my second labour especially was actually a very peaceful experience. I won't say it didn't hurt but by staying calm and focusing on the gorgeous baby I would have at the end of it, made it a day I looked forward to rather than dreaded. 4 of my closest friends have had babies within the last year all have been fine. Try to look past the birth and not focus on it, think of all of the things you have to look forward to with your new baby.
You will be fine,
millions of women can't be wrong.
:)

tnt808
13-01-12, 20:09
Thank you all.

I've always been pretty aware of how irrational I can be, yet it still doesn't right my off thinking habits.

I am taking Hypnobirthing Classes- not too sure what that entails, but honestly at this point I will try anything to make this feeling go away. I can't shake the dread and waking up each day is a chore. Seriously- who can wake up and continue with their daily duties thinking/knowing they will die in 8wks?! It's mad!!

Elen
13-01-12, 20:49
Tina honey, you are not going to die.

Your hormones are all over the place and combined with the physical discomfort your anxiety is bound to be through the roof.

As previously said playing "what if" is a classic way of thinking for us but one that is totally pointless. Now all you have to do is believe it.

You are going to be fine and have a lovely baby for your efforts.

Luv

Elen

bottleblond
13-01-12, 20:52
Awwwwww our Tina, of course you are not going to die huni!!
This is ALL the anxiety kicking in and your hormone level with be hrough the roof too which won't be helping.

You are going to have a lovely ickle baba and you will be just fine.

You silly sausage
MWAH
Lisa
xxx
:bighug1:

cjl2301
13-01-12, 21:04
As previously said playing "what if" is a classic way of thinking for us but one that is totally pointless. Now all you have to do is believe it.

I think we probably are all very similar in that we have great imaginations! So we keep imagining the worst case "what if" scenario so much that it starts to become real. But it's not!!! Still our brains put us through all the emotions as if it were real.

So you need to keep reminding yourself that it's not real - no matter how much you think about it. Also I like to remind myself that no matter how much I think about winning a million dollars (or pounds) it's never going to happen just because I'm thinking about it.

Vanilla Sky
13-01-12, 22:32
Tina , You are not going to die giving birth !! OK ?!!
You will be reading this post after you have had your beautiful baby ( safely ) and you will feel silly hun . Its hormones , its natural to be worried , doesnt matter how many babies you have, Remember you also have ha to deal with and thats bad enough on its own without your hormones exaggerating it! Try to keep calm , you are going to be fine .... Promise :hugs::hugs:
Love Paige xxxxxxx

isthisasgdasitgets
13-01-12, 22:45
Tina I've neve had any kids, just wanted to send you good thoughts, cause even without pregnancy hormones I know too well how irrational thoughts can drive you nuts lol:hugs:
Love kirst xxx

tnt808
14-01-12, 00:29
Thank you all. I want to believe every word you all have told me. I believe it with every fiber of my being if its someone else- why not when it comes to me?

f0rest
14-01-12, 07:44
u wont die :hugs:, enjoy the new addition to ur family, and im wishing u all the best :) be happy! look at it this way -"what if i go outside and get hit by lightening" hehe what if thoughts drive me mad too :p.

macc noodle
14-01-12, 08:29
Awwww Tina :hugs: You will be absolutely fine - now all we need to do is convince you of that :D

Let's just break this down ...............

Your hormones are in overdrive making you hyper anxious and giving you these thoughts so you probably need to try and counter balance this with a good healthy diet which will boost your serotonin levels to make you feel a little better - you know lots of lovely leafy green vegetables that sort of thing.

Your doc cannot guarantee you will not die - come on you are in the USA - ultimate fear of any doc being sued .................. but he knows you will not die - you have no indications of ill health or additional risk do you?

T, you will be fine my lovely and very soon you will have another little bubba to look after - there is absolutely no time for dying trust me !

Keep believing all will be fine - lots of PMA needed honey.

Use all your support networks to get through this for the next few weeks.

We are always here for you.

Macc Noodle
xx

weeble40
14-01-12, 15:39
hey T, remeber the im gonna bleed to death stuff lol, your thoughts are just the same as those hun, its just not gonna happen, youve done this before, and you will manage again, were all here for you mate xxxxxx

tnt808
15-01-12, 17:05
I read your replies everyday, I want to believe it just as you all do!

monkfishjoe
15-01-12, 19:22
Tina, no you won't die because of this. It will all go smoothly and you'll have another little boy or girl to fill your life with!