PDA

View Full Version : Finally realise I am getting better

panicdiva
12-06-06, 09:56
Hi I just wanted to let you know what happened to me yesterday. It was my daughter's dance rehearsal. I had to take her & my friend's daughter to the Town Hall at 10:00. It was very busy, very crowded & very hot and very loud. I had to help 2, 8yr olds get changed into 5 different costumes. We did not leave until 2:15. Then I had to go back again at 6:00 for 1st show. I was backstage with them. Again, crowded, hot, busy & loud. There is was sitting waiting for them to come of the stage to get them changed into next costume when I suddenly thought - I have not felt any panic or anxiety whatsover today. Here I am in a very hot, crowded dressing room, I was in the Town Hall all day & panic never once entered my head - not once!!!! It was a really weird feeling because I also realised that I had not even worried about it the night before. It was weird because I almost felt, for a split second, that something was wrong with me because I did not feel panic. Now I can't say that I was particularly enjoying the experience - but I was not feeling panic or anxiety about it. It was then that I realised that although I am not anxiety or panic free - I am doing much better than I thought. It was a great feeling - it was like a burden had been lifted from my shoulders. At first I thought my day was wasted - but now I realise it was a great day!!!!

india
12-06-06, 10:30
Well Done!!! Sounds like a stressfull day for anyone, and you did it! Hope you have lots more days like this!

Love India xxx

chedda
12-06-06, 11:26
Well Done !!!!!
You did fantastic
take care cheryl xx

Paddington
12-06-06, 11:31
that is the most wonderful news!Doesnt it feel fab ,days like these.I often look and see ooh i am not panicy[dont know whether we shoul lol]and it is amazing!It is the road to recovery it kinda replaces the old memories of fear with good ones i think,I am everso happy 4 you.love mary-rose xxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

darkangel
12-06-06, 12:13
hi panicdiva

What a fantastic post - you definetly are getting better - a massive well done to you.

I know how claustrophobic and hot and crowded it can get in that situation, my daughter used to do highland dancing and there were a lot of times I couldnt manage to watch her shows because of all the people. Not only did you cope with all the rehearsals but you went back and enjoyed the show.

I am so glad you had a good day.:D

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Coni
12-06-06, 20:00
Hi Panicdiva,

I'd like to say ahuge well done to you. I know how stressful these dance shows can be (my daughters is usually around now too) and if you can cope with that your on your way to recovery.

And well done too for recognising the positives in your day.... again not always easy.

Good for you!

Coni X

panicdiva
12-06-06, 21:40
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I did the show again tonight & was ok again. Tomorrow night the other mum is doing it so I can watch the show, & she is doing it on Wed. night for me as I have a meeting. So, that's my stint done for this year & I was fine. I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow.

giddy
13-06-06, 07:36
A big well done
Love Helen

jill
13-06-06, 13:42
Hi Panicdiva,

All you hard work has paid off, be proud of yourself, harness that feeling and take it everywhere you go. Remember how it feels and enjoy. You are moving forward and doing great WELL DONE.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

shalou74
13-06-06, 14:18
You are an example to us all. So glad you had a panic free time and hope it lasts. WELL DONE :D:D

I AM AT EASE
I AM AT PEACE
I AM CALM
I AM LETTING GO