PDA

View Full Version : finding it hard to eat?

f0rest
14-01-12, 09:09
hey guys ive been having problems with health anxiety for a good few months now and ive had my ups and downs but i can see some improvement in my thought process and ignoring the "what if" thoughts.. but anyhoo ive been having problems eating for the past month now ive tried to eat foods i like pizza,pasta,chocolate... i just cant eat:wacko: sounds weird huh? ive always ate without any problems but now everytime i eat i feel sick or i feel like im full up with one bite :shrug: i coan go days upon ends without a meal now and its worrying the people around me (yet im not so fussed) so guys any advice what to do next? ive been to the doctors they gave me some build up drinks but when im drinking it even that makes me full up :(.. thanks for reading my post and as always any advice/replies would be appreciated.

-kevin :flowers:

Stormsky
14-01-12, 09:15
hi
Anxiety effects eating habits, i can recall years ago struggling to eat one fish finger and never being hungry either.. you have to force yourself to eat something, as you cannot function properly otherwise...pizza, chocolate etc are not good foods for anxiety anyway, try fruit or soup, something easy to digest...

alps
14-01-12, 09:22
are u taking any anxiety medicines currently ? some of them cause severe loss of appetite as side effect.

kate89
14-01-12, 09:26
hiya kevin
sorry to hear that your not eating.its perfectly normal with anxiety... going back 3 years ago when i was staying at my mums i was exactly the same lost 3 stone.but you cannot eat if you dont want it.your appetite will return and more so now if you've stopped the what ifs because that's whats stops the eating constant worry.hope your felling better soon

f0rest
14-01-12, 09:45
thanks for the replies , i know pizza chocolate cant be good for u but i was just using it as an example as thats the food i like to "treat" on , no im not on any medication apart from diazepam when i need it, its just the loss of appetite thing, if any of this might be related im going to the toilet alot too, im puzzled.

Stormsky
14-01-12, 09:49
hi
again anxiety causes alot of bowel movement-
maybe you should see the GP next week though, as you will depleting all your vitamins etc if you are constantly on the loo and also not eating anything...

f0rest
14-01-12, 10:01
yea good point ill make an appt with the docs asap, thanks :)

Sabre
14-01-12, 10:23
Hi kevin
Please do make sure you see your GP, they will prob do some blood work and check your vitamins! i was like yourself not eating and going to the toilet alot with loose bowel movements, my B12, magnesium and zinc levels where all low, i was prescribed a magnesium drink and monitored my levels every other fornight, i did start eating well but my B12 is still boarder line but they says its ok just keep eating! you really do need start eating, even if its only small amounts!
Hope you get well soon!

clc
14-01-12, 10:39
I am the same. I have no appetite. Although it is starting to get better in the evenings. I make myself have breakfast lunch and dinner. Breakfast and lunch are usually quite small though. Im on meds so I hope when they kick in I will get it back. Make sure you are drinking lots too and definately see a doc.

Wuboo
14-01-12, 10:51
My eating still not right but I try to eat, I tend to actually feel hungry in the evening.

saro
14-01-12, 13:44
Just dont overface yourself.. dont worry about "not eating" eat when you want because the more you try the less you will want to. Another thing you could try is drinking a few protein shakes :) just knock them back a few times a day

f0rest
15-01-12, 00:26
yea ill try knocking them back.. its hard though :( x