PDA

View Full Version : Getting fed up!!!

Wuboo
14-01-12, 10:12
I have been taking Sertraline for about 12 days now and even though I seem a bit calmer I still feel anxious all day and it's really getting to me. I just want it to stop now so I can continue my life!

Carys
14-01-12, 10:19
Hey Jay,

Firstly, 12 days isn't that long for meds to work. Secondly, I think (and this is a personal perspective only) that there is a reliance by people on the meds sorting everything out. I don't think meds do sort everything, they give some help with dealing with the anxiety, taking the edge off things....but the anxiety still needs effort, practice and strength to overcome. You have built habits in how you respond to feelings and situations now, and they need addressing.

So, if you seem a bit calmer, that is great and this could give you some courage to really try all those methods of reducing panic/anxiety that you have probably read and heard about.

I just want it to stop now so I can continue my life!Why don't you turn this statement around. If you continue with your life, then you may find it does stop. :winks: