PDA

View Full Version : Feel like my life is on hold till I get a diagnosis

jade1978
14-01-12, 14:39
It really has been a nightmare couple of months for me. My HA seemingly appeared after a headache that wouldn't go away and convincing myself of a brain tumour, anyway I know it isn't that now after a ct scan. I had been refered to a neuro appointment for the headaches and had my appointment last week, however tons of other symptoms have appeared since then, numb tingly face, permanent pins and needles in left arm and left calf, aswell as intermittant tingling in feet and hands. Also strange head sensations, and itchy skin :(. I have utterley convinced myself of MS. I have an mri booked in 2 weeks but I can't relax, the diazepam the doc prescribed isn't working, the amitriptyline I'm on isn't doing anything and I feel I can't get on with anything. I am in a complete state of constant fear right now, and really don't know what to do to help myself. I have six children, my partner is away for a week from next week with work and I really have no idea how I will cope with the worry of what is ahead. I'm just ranting really cause have no one else to talk to about it all.

Aillie
14-01-12, 15:29
Don't really have much advice other than to day your symptoms could all be the result of your anxiety.

Its hard waiting for tests and results. Once you get your MRI I'm sure this will confirm you are well and ease your worries.

Let us know how you get on :hugs:

Stormsky
14-01-12, 16:54
hi
i was on amitriptyline for 10yrs, it caused me alot of numb, tingly, pins and needles, sharp stabbing pains in face etc.. i couldnt function on them, felt constantly drugged and dizzy. i stopped taking it 5 months ago, personally i am not a fan of meds at all.. theres not really much i can say to help, as the MRI seems to be the only thing that will reassure you.

Greenman50
15-01-12, 00:13
Hi Jade

It all sounds like classic anxiety symtoms , i had most of them after a long term sore throat and i ended up with all sorts of real , but self inflicted symtoms due to high anxiety levels .

Have a read of this info here , it always helps me when i re read it..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/healthanxiety/

jade1978
15-01-12, 09:45
Thanks for the replies, I just can't rationalise a tingly arm, leg plus the itchyness as anxiety, I don't think its a side affect either as I had the pins and needles before I started on the amitriptyline. :( Just so scared right now, if I am this bad now I hate to think what I will be like whilst waiting for the results

stamags
15-01-12, 10:42
hi...........have had nearly all the symptoms you describe and mine are all contributed to anxiety. I can tell when my anxiety is high how many more symptoms i get, its a very vicious circle.