PDA

View Full Version : Had to stop Clomipramine - Advice please!

ShelleE
14-01-12, 18:50
Hi all

I am quite new to this site, wish I had found it 3 years ago:weep:

I have been suffering with panic attacks for four years and have been really bad since November, I started taking Clomipramine again (have done so twice before) 10mg to start then went onto 25mg.

My GP made me stop taking it a week ago as I started suffering a bad reaction to it and I cant take Citalopram for the same reason so I have decided not to take anything.

I was really proud of myself yesterday making that decision, which the GP agreed with but have had numerous panic attacks today feel like crap and am little exposed:weep:

I am currently having CBT which has really opened my eyes as to what they are but i am so worried I am going to end up back at square one.

I was looking at taking St John's Wort but knowing my luck I will have a reaction to that too! Im scared to start taking it tbh.

Are the panic attacks im having because I stopped taking the ad's without weaning myself off them? My GP said the dose was low and I hadn't been on them long enough to give me a problem but im also having bad nightsweats and hot flushes throughout the day, I have even been asked if im going through the change!!!! Im only 36!!!!

Help please:weep:
x

Stormsky
14-01-12, 19:09
Try looking up Jarrows B Right on google- thats what i take, as i stopped my meds 5 months ago and dont want to go back on them... been on the Jarrows for 10 days now and feeling better than i have in months..

ShelleE
14-01-12, 19:21
Thankyou I will!! Glad its working well for you:)