PDA

View Full Version : citaprolam, .5 alprazolam and amoxycillin

lpd_302
14-01-12, 20:22
Hi,
I have been taking citalopram 10mg, .5 alprazolam for 9 days now. I have developed a tooth infection and my gp was out of the office. Another doc in the office prescribed the anti-biotics for me. The pharmacy said the combo was fine. I am really nervous as I have had some pretty rough side effects from the other two meds. Any experiences with this combo?

lpd_302
15-01-12, 03:02
Ok I know I spelled citalopram wrong in the title but no replies LOL. How about anybody just taking anti-biotics with cit? Sorry to be a bother but I really hate taking meds and it freaks me out. Just hoping to hear someone say they haven't had any issues. Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

william wallace
15-01-12, 16:41
No experience with that particular combo Shane, but I'm diabetic and every morning I have to take 40mg Citalopram, 40mg Simvastatin, 80mg Gliclazide and 1000mg Metformin after breakfast, and another 2000mg Metformin throughout the day. They all seem to do their job so not too worried about it.
In your case you have to ask yourself, do I suffer the agony of a toothache, or should I take the antibiotics, possibly accompanied with a dose of the shits or other side effects to get rid of the toothache.
Get them down you:D

lpd_302
15-01-12, 18:30
Thanks. That actually was exactly what I needed to hear.:D

nicola1980
15-01-12, 20:09
Hi in all my years on citalopram ive took numerous diff antibiotics and ive always been fine, hope you feel better soon xx

lpd_302
15-01-12, 20:26
Thanks Nic that helps a ton.

cathycrumble
15-01-12, 21:09
Ok I know I spelled citalopram wrong in the title but no replies LOL. How about anybody just taking anti-biotics with cit? Sorry to be a bother but I really hate taking meds and it freaks me out. Just hoping to hear someone say they haven't had any issues. Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes you will be fine I took antibiotics when I was on cit. And the gp wouldnt give you them if they wernt safe. No one wants tooth ach. :weep::scared15:

Cathy xx