PDA

View Full Version : Newbi

jaspergrumfuttock
15-01-12, 00:16
Hello,
Well to introduce myself briefly.

I am English, 59 years old and retired early to live in Brittany because I could not handle trying to teach college students any more.

Life here is gentle but I - like many other here I imagine - suffer badly from panic attacks, usually when I am alone.

I cannot understand why. I am not afraid of death anymore but hope that by talking to others I may at last start to come to terms with this problem. :)

nomorepanic
15-01-12, 00:18
Hi jaspergrumfuttock

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkdove
15-01-12, 11:02
Hi :welcome: to nmp. I'm sure you will find a lot of help here,

I too suffer anxiety and now mostly when i am alone, the thought of filling a day alone i think.

I do find distraction is the best way to deal with it, read a book, take a walk, or on my pc,,,,,,,although not alway's easy.

my brother now lives in the south of france, and i know they love it there, nice peacefull surroundings and scenery must be a plus.

You are not alone , and will get support here, wishing you all the very best xx

venusbluejeans
17-01-12, 16:40
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: