PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I cant breath normally? Less air!

JustBenn
15-01-12, 00:28
Hi,
Im 18 year old guy.

I have been noticing this symptom this week, It feels like there is less air to breath, e.g hot air,
this has been happening on and off for the last 3 days.

when Im having it, the more I think im having heart problems the more It stays and I cant stop trembling in fear.
also I have to breath in and out hard to get myself to relax, then it slowly stops,

I can recall having this problem, when I was around 14/15ish
I just stood by an open window and it went away for 3 years untill now.

Im just nervous that there could be something wrong with my heart/lungs as I connect 2 and 2 together.

Is there anyone to chat with?
Thanks

crystal17
15-01-12, 00:35
At your age its doubtful its anything to do with your heart. Are you anxious or stressed? Whats your diet like? There are loads of reasons that it could be, and not serious reasons :)

Remember the human body has odd quirky things and once they happen and we get worried about them they can come back again and again because we remember them and attach a problem to them.

I think breathing issues are very typical of panic and anxiety. Sending you hugs!

Barnicus
15-01-12, 00:40
I used to get this all the time, for me it was me hyperventilating. I didn't even realize I was doing it until my psychologist got me tp hyperventilate with her in her office, it felt exactly the same. She explained when we are nervous we breath more quickly and shallow (from our chest rather than stomach). I'm sure there's plenty of information on this forum/website but you could also check here (http://www.yourbodycanheal.com/hyperventilation-anxiety-panic.html)

melvin
15-01-12, 19:06
hi
i had the same props as you at 14 /15 they went away then i got them in my 20s still get them in my 50s . iv had more test than i care to remember but im still here . best advice go to the gym keep fit and try relaxation

sebinkent
15-01-12, 19:09
I have exactly the same thing and I can tell you that, in my case, breathlessness is totally emotional and stress-related after having tests to rule out anything physical. For me, it's the scariest symptom of anxiety and anxiety just plays on your fears..