PDA

View Full Version : Severe abdominal cramping after eating...scared!!

MVP123
15-01-12, 12:24
For the last couple of weeks I get bad stomach ache after everytime I eat. I get bad cramps and makes me want to go to the toilet, but I don't always go. I had diarrehoa over christmas for a few days, and ever since then I have had problems with my stomach. It pretty much aches all day and I get trapped wind all the time, and it is all a lot worse after I've eaten. It is now putting me off wanting to eat and I am getting scared about it being something serious. I have been drinking peppermint tea over the last few days but that hasn't helped. I'm going the doctors tomorrow and just hope they don't fob me off with the usual anxiety thing, cause this is an actual physical problem which needs looking at. Can other people please tell me about their stomach problems so I know I am not on my own.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Also my stomach makes horrible gurgling noises and I can feel stuff moving about in there :-(

Munchlet
15-01-12, 14:45
Hi

Sounds like you had a bit of a stomach bug over Christmas and it's left you with IBS which unfortunately will get worse whilst you are stressing over it.

I had really bad IBS years ago (still suffer but not as bad) and I couldn't eat anything without having to run to the toilet and I mean run, I had constant diarrohea, cramps, nausea acid reflux you name it and it went on for months and it was nothing more than IBS although at the time I obviously thought I had bowel cancer/ stomach cancer etc and the worrying just made it worse.

In the end I went to have some food intolerace tests done cut several things out my diet for 1 month and within days it just settled.

Stomach bugs are notorious for causing problems, my hubby had food poisioning once and after he got rid of it his stomach was so sensitive he couldn't eat anything without throwing up, they tested him for everything going and that was IBS.

Try not to worry (easier said than done I know), it really does sound like you perhaps have a bit of a sensitivity at the moment and I'm sure the doctor will be able to give you something to help settle things down.

:)

Diva
15-01-12, 23:27
Hi there

I had the same thing all last week, really loose bowel movements (sorry) stomach cramps, the gurgling noises and bad trapped wind, all of which have made my urinary symptoms worse too and these have been pretty good for the last couple of months (I think we have posted before on that problem before?)

I am a bit stressed and had Chinese meal at the beginning of last week (loads of rice) which I think started this off. I finally took two immodium plus (I try not to as I'm usually a bit constipated) and this seems to have sorted me out (god, I sound so sexy, no wonder I'm single!) I had also hadn't taken my probiotic tablet for a few days but have been back on them since Friday. Now I just have a bit of trapped wind.

I think stress plays a large role in tummy troubles, as does intolerances and intolerances can come and go - a while ago M&S deli coleslaw seemed to affect me badly, now it's rice! There does seem to have been a bug going 'round 'though, as I've heard a few people at work complaining of upset tummies ever since Christmas.

Try not to get too stressed - I'm sure all will be well. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

D xx:bighug1:

Greenman50
16-01-12, 00:32
For the last couple of weeks I get bad stomach ache after everytime I eat. I get bad cramps and makes me want to go to the toilet, but I don't always go. I had diarrehoa over christmas for a few days, and ever since then I have had problems with my stomach. It pretty much aches all day and I get trapped wind all the time, and it is all a lot worse after I've eaten. It is now putting me off wanting to eat and I am getting scared about it being something serious. I have been drinking peppermint tea over the last few days but that hasn't helped. I'm going the doctors tomorrow and just hope they don't fob me off with the usual anxiety thing, cause this is an actual physical problem which needs looking at. Can other people please tell me about their stomach problems so I know I am not on my own.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Also my stomach makes horrible gurgling noises and I can feel stuff moving about in there :-(

Classic ibs symtoms , nothing to worry about but you are doing the right thing going to the DR,s .
IBS PAIN can be awefull and when first experienced can seem like something more sinister .
The gurgling is the give away imho , i get it terrible plus all you have aswell .

:hugs:
x

Sazzyb
25-09-15, 21:53
Hi there

I had the same thing all last week, really loose bowel movements (sorry) stomach cramps, the gurgling noises and bad trapped wind, all of which have made my urinary symptoms worse too and these have been pretty good for the last couple of months (I think we have posted before on that problem before?)

I am a bit stressed and had Chinese meal at the beginning of last week (loads of rice) which I think started this off. I finally took two immodium plus (I try not to as I'm usually a bit constipated) and this seems to have sorted me out (god, I sound so sexy, no wonder I'm single!) I had also hadn't taken my probiotic tablet for a few days but have been back on them since Friday. Now I just have a bit of trapped wind.

I think stress plays a large role in tummy troubles, as does intolerances and intolerances can come and go - a while ago M&S deli coleslaw seemed to affect me badly, now it's rice! There does seem to have been a bug going 'round 'though, as I've heard a few people at work complaining of upset tummies ever since Christmas.

Try not to get too stressed - I'm sure all will be well. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

D xx:bighug1:

Hi just read your message, very strange as in really bad pain at the moment. I has M&S deli coleslaw about an hour ago and thinking about it this has happened every time I've eaten it. Just realised that's what's causing the problem, as much as I love it I won't be eatening it again! The pain is horrendous and always end up sitting on the loo most of the night. It must be something they put in it

KayeS
25-09-15, 22:33
Been feeling the exact same way. Especially with the pain and gurgling. I feel like (sorry for the info) I have loads of air to let out but it just won't come out. It's to the point where I'm getting lost in daydreams of how nice it would feel if it would just damn release LOL