PDA

View Full Version : Reflexology for GAD

Loubeelou
15-01-12, 16:31
Just wondered if anyone has tried this?

I went for my first session last week and all the points she picked out were all anxiety related. The main one being my neck and shoulder area which is where I am constantly tense!
My colon also came up as a problem which is true as I am usually all over the place with going to the loo which again is down to anxiety.

I felt incredibly relaxed for the rest of the day after the session too, almost like i'd been drugged! lol

She thinks she will really be able to help me with this so I'm going to keep going for a bit. It's all got to be worth a try hey? x

Swan
15-01-12, 18:12
Hi, I haven't tried this but something I would consider. I've read about how certain areas of the feet are connected to parts of the body and by massaging these areas of the feet can relieve ailments by increasing the flow of energy and releasing tension. Hope it works for you.

Littlehelper123
15-01-12, 18:53
yeah i think it works - its about pressure points. Acupuncture is supposed to work too. I usually rub different pressure points on my foot when i have a cold lol. It really helps get rid of a blocked nose believe it or not! haha.

Heres a diagram if you wanna give it a go yourself - its never as good as someone else doing it for ya tho ;)

http://www.redmondreflexology.com/mypictures/reflexology.jpg

Loubeelou
16-01-12, 10:45
Thanks guys & thanks for the diagram LH, think I may just get my other half to study that one hehe! x