PDA

View Full Version : TMJ Headache <> Anxiety

BKF1515
15-01-12, 17:43
Hi, I have posted before about having TMJ syndrome. I had been doing well for the past three or four weeks, but this last week was a busy/exciting/emotional week, and my tension headache is back. This was originally caused by anxiety, and then it fuels anxiety. It is such a vicious circle.

I just want to get rid of this, because I am taking a trip later this week to visit my mother and really want to enjoy it and not have this TMJ headache pain the whole time. But I know just worrying about the possibility that my trip could be ruined makes it worse! Ugh!

Please, if you have had frequent or ongoing headaches, TMJ pain, etc., can you share your experiences with me? Thanks.

sherylee xx
15-01-12, 20:53
i get alot of head pains hun :( whats tmj?? xx

BKF1515
16-01-12, 09:35
Temporomandibular joint disorder, although now they are calling it Cranio-mandibular Disorder (CMD). It is inflammation if the muscles around the jaw and head caused by tension, clenching, etc. I have it so bad that I have head pain, very low but steady, for days and even weeks at a time if I allow myself to absorb too much tension. My problem is that I don't sleep well because of the pain, and for this reason it gets worse, and then I feel anxious that my pain is so bad and won't go away. It is a really vicious circle. I am needing a bit of encouragement at the moment - feeling pretty down. I was feeling better, but my week got too busy last week, I agree to slowly start up working again and am going on a trip next week to visit my mother. I guess this is all too much because the pain is back. No matter how I try to relax, it won't go away.