PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

whitevanman
15-01-12, 21:07
Just joined today although I have looked at the forum before, Im a 34 year old male from Cornwall
Where do i start......
I have suffered with anxiety for years now and am getting to the stage where it is taking over my life, Ive never had a panic attack but I do suffer in many other ways, I have IBS and chronic acidic stomach on top of this I suffer very badly with Health anxiety always think that I have something terminal which adds to the anxiety.
I think I need to see the doc about the anxiety and explain how Im feeling but Im not sure how to raise the issue and whether he will just fob me off and tell me to relax.....yeah right !!
So hello everyone sorry for the essay !!

nomorepanic
15-01-12, 21:08
Hi whitevanman

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

peg0015
15-01-12, 21:16
My dr was really nice to me when i went but i refused all help but im back tomorrow to get meds. I know how you feel it's an awfall feeling eh.

whitevanman
15-01-12, 21:23
The problem with my surgery is that you end up seeing so many different doctors and locums that Ive lost confidence, I have a appointment booked for Monday week to see my own Doc hopefully I can get some help.
I agree though Peg0015 its horrible.

peg0015
15-01-12, 21:27
The problem with my surgery is that you end up seeing so many different doctors and locums that Ive lost confidence, I have a appointment booked for Monday week to see my own Doc hopefully I can get some help.
I agree though Peg0015 its horrible.

Well I hope you can speake to your own dr and get it sorted. Not that mines is lol. My names Laura by the way.
Keep me posted on how you get on.

whitevanman
15-01-12, 21:41
Thanks Laura will do, Im Gary by the way :)

LilyPad1991
16-01-12, 00:51
Hello! Bless you, it sounds awful what you've been going through. Recognising anxiety is, in itself, an achievement and any doctor will understand that you may have difficulty explaining all your symptoms. But they do genuinely want to help! Going to the doctor used to scare the life out of me so I always found it helped to write a list of what you want to talk about. Gives you a bit of direction during your appointment and always makes me feel a bit more 'together' :) Good luck and make sure you let us know how it goes.

stefani88
17-01-12, 07:21
hello, i am new here, i am very happy come here , nice to meet you .

Pipkin
17-01-12, 09:16
Hi Gary, welcome to NMP. I've been struggling with anxiety for over 20 years and, although I've had vague conversations with the doctor about it, it was only recently that I've had a good chat with him. I determined that I would tell him exactly how I feel and had even made myself some notes to make sure I covered everything.
I was so nervous by the time I got to see the doctor, my heart rate was through the roof. The doctor listened to me and offered me different options, which helped as I like to feel that I can make informed decisions. I read the NICE guidelines for anxiety and found them quite useful as they show what your path your doctor should follow for treating you (http://publications.nice.org.uk/generalised-anxiety-disorder-and-panic-disorder-with-or-without-agoraphobia-in-adults-cg113). Good luck and let us know how you get on.
P x

Zero
17-01-12, 16:20
Hey Vanman( are you really, no wonder your stressed ;-))

I am new too, just a couple of days before you.
I think before you go any further you should read the enormously helpful article on the side bar called first steps, but don't just read it like I first did, I found by reading and really thinking about what the author was saying it makes so much sense, so get yourself in a comfy chair with no distractions and give it a good read, I hope it may shed some light on your feelings. I have a long history of stuff, good and bad so hopefully some advice based on experience. please give it a read and give yourself a break....yes ??
Z.

As an aside I have also suffered with Acidic stomach/ reflux and IBS, both probably caused by Anxiety, I only point to Anxiety being the cause as when I had a recent very good spell of Mental health it totally cleared up, chill is the pill ! ( I just made that up! but it kind of sums up our situations I guess)

Zander
17-01-12, 16:27
I have to agree lots of good reading.:)

venusbluejeans
17-01-12, 16:47
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: