PDA

View Full Version : What to take just for anxiety and bad days please.

AngelHeart
15-01-12, 21:16
I'm having a bit of a bad time with anxiety and attacks at the moment, esp as am just recovering from labyrinthitis (inner ear infect) which left me off balance and sick for 11 weeks, but wouldnt say I was depressed. I've been having good days and bad days and usually the good have out weighed the bad. My Dr has given me anti ds to take and I have taken 2 so far and hes given me betablockers for the anxiety, I only needed 2 20mg yesterday and my anxiety has gone today. So I was wondering is it really worth me taking the anti ds as well? Esp since theres so many side effects to contend with when your going on them, already feeling quite sick and have preasure in head. I would just be made up with something that takes the anxiety away when I have it, so was hoping if you would have any suggestions ( natural or not ) of what has helped with your anxiety when you get it.

Thanks you very much :) xx

Jmac
15-01-12, 21:27
Unless your anxiety is due to a short-term and identifiable stressor that will surely pass in a short while, you may well be best to try the ADs or some other form of therapy that will deal with it in the long run. Yes, the SEs can be difficult but many people breeze through the adjustment period with only minimal discomfort. Everyone is individual.

None of us can truly answer that question for you - only you can make that decision.

All the best with whatever you decide.

Take care.

domino
15-01-12, 22:25
Hi Pauline,
I recently went to my gp and he has piscibed propranolol 10mg three times a day it does help me to stop getting anxious i,ve been on them now since 3 jan and have to go and see him again on the 31st of jan. Also have been to liberary to get some books on anxiety have found them very helpful . I know how you feel truly i do but keep telling yourself that its not going to take over your life you will get better. I.m here if you need someone you are not alone.:bighug1:

Stormsky
15-01-12, 22:40
hi
i wouldnt personally take the anti- D's yet, if you dont feel you need them... you can always hold off and see how it goes, and take them at a later time if you want... only you can decide... you dont have to take them just because GP gave them to you... Im not a fan of anti-D's at all, but thats me...