PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

LilyPad1991
16-01-12, 00:03
Hello everyone! My name is Lizzie, I'm 20 years old and finding this website and the vast amount of information and experiences on here has most definitely been a huge relief. I 'suffer' from GAD and depression, with aspects of health anxiety in there too and a history of anorexia. I first had severe anxiety in the final year of my A levels (aged 18) and it absolutely destroyed my life. After many tests and 6 months of absolute terror, as no-one seemed to know what was wrong with me, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Citalopram and CBT worked wonders and I was my old self again for nearly a year before the very messy separation of my parents and starting at university brought the anxiety rushing back with a vengence.

This time around has been hard. All sorts of kerfuffle with medication, as well as having to continually deal with family issues. Anyway. With any luck, fingers crossed, I think my doctor finally has the medication side of things balanced. I hope so anyway; I hate having to be on medication and in my head I still think of it as a weakness that I have to take tablets. I know this is stupid, I just can't help it.

So! Thanks to anyone who read that little rant. It'll be lovely to hear from anyone or everyone :)

nomorepanic
16-01-12, 00:13
Hi LilyPad1991

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

saro
16-01-12, 00:48
Welcome Lilypad

venusbluejeans
17-01-12, 16:43
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zander
18-01-12, 21:50
Hi there Lilypad, i new on the site to and i still feel bad that i had to go on meds. When i was younger i played rugby and done weight-training to a good level and would have faced golith. So it hit me hard that i started taking panic attacks i was always mad at myself for feeling the way i do.
I have a complex family life with a disabled child at 14 and i always am thinking of the future which has its difficulties, so i sometimes feel i cant shut off.
But with the support of family and friends theres always hope.