PDA

View Full Version : My fiances bday....

Harribo
16-01-12, 01:46
Right so my fiance birthday is on Valentines day! Yes I know horrid!!! Ideas please obviously a lovely meal and flowers but I want something out of the ordinary! Something exciting and something she will go WOW I can't believe he did this for me! :) thanks in advance!

Harry x

vicky23
16-01-12, 09:46
that's lovely you want something really special for your fiances birthday meal and flowers is pretty cliched.
So I guess what you need to ask is what does she love, what kind of person is she, is there anything she's always wanted to do, does she like suprises and spontaneity, is she an outdoorsy/countryside person or a city shopping kind of girl.

get back to us on those things then we can give better ideas :)

Harribo
16-01-12, 22:14
that's lovely you want something really special for your fiances birthday meal and flowers is pretty cliched.
So I guess what you need to ask is what does she love, what kind of person is she, is there anything she's always wanted to do, does she like suprises and spontaneity, is she an outdoorsy/countryside person or a city shopping kind of girl.

get back to us on those things then we can give better ideas :)

She loves all those things that you listed which is why I am finding it extremely hard to decide what to get her!!! Ha. Her favrioute flowers are tulips so I am thinking of getting her them plus roses as its valentines day. But I want to do something out of the ordinary so she goes WOW I can't believe he did that for me. Its our first birthday together and its mine the following month and she's taking me paris for the weekend!!! Not that I'm trying to compete but that is really romantic! And she loves romance and I'm a plonker so I am struggling for ideas! :(

snowgoose
16-01-12, 22:55
How lovely :) lucky lass indeed
sometimes less is more if you get me ...........you got Paris to look forward to xx

I suggest day out at the sea side with fish and chips out of the paper and one arm bandits ........ice cream while freezing on the pier ........naff postcards etc.

And then write in HUGE letters ok : I LOVE YOU in the sand on beach .
oh and then get nice bit of jewellery out your pocket [shoes wont fit and are hard to hide :blush:]

you sound lovely ..........good luck :hugs:
snow x

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Oh and dont forget the champagne or whatever is your tipple out of paper cups
and your phone camera thingy . xxxx

Stormsky
16-01-12, 22:59
My hubby got me a limo to take us out on my 40th !

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

He also paid for me to spend a day shadowing big cat keepers, which was best day of my life!!

vicky23
17-01-12, 16:29
Storm that sounds amazing! Obviously it's something you've always wanted to do, it's unique. I think that is what romance is all about.

Ideas:

Buy a scrapbook and fill it with photos and special sentimental things like cinema tickets from dates, photos, a copy of 'your song' if you have one

a hot air balloon ride or a helicopter ride (obv depends how she is with heights and your budget)

Snow mentioned the beach- you could do horseriding on the beach too

a picnic in the country with all her favourite food treats

cook her a meal (this only really works if you don't normally cook but you learn a dish especially to impress her)

a spa day/treatement for her and one of her friends

That's all I can think of at the mo but will post if I think of more

Stormsky
17-01-12, 16:35
Storm that sounds amazing! Obviously it's something you've always wanted to do, it's unique. I think that is what romance is all about.

I love big cats, tigers mostly- so was the best day ever..hand fed tigers, lions, went in the cage with cheetahs... and in with the wolves too!! stroked a full grown male tiger too....cost £400 which wasnt that bad

Harribo
17-01-12, 16:43
Thank you for all the lovely replies! She's mentioned a hot air baloon before and its one of her dreams. I may have to do that. More ideas though please thewy have all been fantastic so far! :) xxxxx

snowgoose
17-01-12, 17:59
Thank you for all the lovely replies! She's mentioned a hot air baloon before and its one of her dreams. I may have to do that. More ideas though please thewy have all been fantastic so far! :) xxxxx

oh blimey

just read this as a hairy baboon is one of her dreams :ohmy: Honest .
must get to spec savers
pronto :shrug:

Harribo
17-01-12, 18:14
oh blimey

just read this as a hairy baboon is one of her dreams :ohmy: Honest .
must get to spec savers
pronto :shrug:

Hey that's a good idea too!!! :p