PDA

View Full Version : Noise in my head when quiet

chelley27
16-01-12, 14:53
Hiya,

I am a little worried but for the last few weeks i am experiencing what i can only describe as a noise in my head kind of like if a car is left running in the distance, the noise it makes, its only noticable at night in bed when its silent.
Another way to describe this noise if the noise you get in your head if you grit your teeth tightly.
I am currently on sick for GAD, suffer with IBS and undergoing CBT
does anyone else experience this please?
thanks x

lauz_lea
16-01-12, 20:20
Hi Chelley, I don't suffer with it personally, but have just read a few of the posts in the symptoms section and its sounds like what others experience with tinnitus. It might be worth having a look at some of the tinnitus posts.

Stormsky
16-01-12, 20:22
tinitus is heightened with anxiety....

chelley27
16-01-12, 20:31
hiya, my dad suffers with tinitus and i first thought the same but it isnt the same tone if you get me, tinitus is generally a high pitched noise, mine is more like a murmur or like an engine running in the distance.... yes im bizarre but its keeping me awake :-( contemplating going to sleep with headphones in just so i cant hear it x

2-4-1
18-01-12, 14:42
Hi chelley. My tinnitus is not high-pitched. It's more like a low-pitched 'buzz'. Tinnitus can take the form of many different sounds & is much more noticeable when it's quiet. It can also be made worse by stress & anxiety.

AngelHeart
18-01-12, 15:20
Tinnitus comes with many sounds weather it be high, low, buzz, hum, machine , heartbeat, e.t.c Any sound you hear in your head is tinnitus. I know as I suffer with high pitched, a machine noise and heartbeat. All normal hun and nothing to worry about, it may stay a while then go when you least expect it. I know its hard to ignore at times. mine sounds louder than the telly sometimes !! Headphones can work or white noise cds you can get . Just dont worry about it :) xxx

anon475
21-01-12, 11:15
A couple of times in the past I got a low frequency rumbling. The frequency was so low that it was barely sound at all... if it was real I would feel it rather than hear it. I believe it is a form of tinnitus though.