PDA

View Full Version : Missed period completely but not pregnant

chelley27
16-01-12, 15:33
Hi

I am currently suffering a bad bout of anxiety and doctors have said i have missed my period completely because of this being so bad. i made myself ill and was in bed for 5 days because of it.
4 pregnancy tests all negative.

Anyone else experienced this? if so what did you do about it. is it normal to skip a period completely?

I am not on any birth control and am currently taking ranitidine for acid reflux which seems to have started with my anxiety and i take mebeverine hydrochloride for ibs.
thanks
xx

happycarrot
17-01-12, 19:34
Stress can certainly make you miss a period, and so can being ill. Think of it this way: if you're going through a tough time, your body may decide that now would be a terrible time to get pregnant, and that can make you not ovulate and not have a period. Since you know you're not pregnant and you have already seen a doctor, you don't need to worry about it unless you don't usually have regular periods or continue to have irregular periods. I have PCOS, and I never have a regular cycle unless I am on the pill. Especially if your cycle is temporarily off, though, you should still use contraception if you don't want to get pregnant. While your cycle is irregular, it's hard to predict when you'll ovulate.

nomorepanic
17-01-12, 20:02
Mine stopped once for 4 months so I wouldn't worry about it too much