PDA

View Full Version : Belly twitch!

anitaa
16-01-12, 16:14
Hi

For past few days my belly on right just below ribcage keeps twitching and fluttering on its own if i put my hand on it i can feel it too:scared15: a bit like a baby kicking (am defo not preg) its a really strange feeling and its freaking me out! Anyone had this? could this be anxiety related:shrug: ive been googling about liver probs all sorts but im not turning yellow so all is well:)

fluff
16-01-12, 17:13
hi yeah defo anxiety i have twiches like that but has died down loads lately.And i had it for 8 months it will eventually go i promise but it does take time :hugs:

anitaa
16-01-12, 21:37
Thanks for reply glad im not the only one! it twitches more when i sit thinking about it so must be anx releated. Was thinking it was some sort of parasite moving around and it was freaking me out:scared15:

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

ive been looking online says pulsing twitching belly is main sign for Aortic Anurysum (sp?) and to get it checked ASAP..im really panicing now:ohmy: it says its rare for under 60s im 33..roll on tomorrow so i can get to the docs! They are really sick of the sight of me now:blush:

xtremx
16-01-12, 22:09
Hi

For past few days my belly on right just below ribcage keeps twitching and fluttering on its own if i put my hand on it i can feel it too:scared15: a bit like a baby kicking (am defo not preg) its a really strange feeling and its freaking me out! Anyone had this? could this be anxiety related:shrug: ive been googling about liver probs all sorts but im not turning yellow so all is well:)

Hi, I had this for about 4 days a several months ago (was thinking of letting my kids use my belly as a bouncy castle) around my belly buttom was popping and twitching away almost constant.

I do suffer from something called BFS and thought it may be that but in the end it was a case of mild Irritable Bowel (ibs) and passed on its own.

Try not to stress about the matter but if it lasts much longer get the doctor to check you over or phone nhs direct.

Xtremx

countrygirl
16-01-12, 22:18
There is a huge differnce between the pulsing of an AAA and the erratic twitching of muscle/nerve so doubt you have anything to worry about AAA wise. In AAA you would have a pulse in time with the pulse in your wrist in the centre of your body above your navel.

I have abdominal twiches that usually lasts about a week and then go away and they feel just like a baby kicking but its erratic and on and off.

Certainly get checked out by a Dr as they can give you the reassuranc eyou need but an AAA in someone of your age is unheard of.

anitaa
16-01-12, 23:21
hi thanks for the replys made me feel loads better:), off to bed now i know im going to be laying there jolting awake at every twinge:unsure: hope its a bout of ibs or something, keep thinking that thing from alien is going to pop out of my stomach:Dlol

chl_hobbs
16-01-12, 23:25
Well i feel worse after reading that!!! I had major abdominal surgery 5months ago to fix my spleen after a routine op went very wrong, and i often see my stomach 'pulsating' or twitching-only when lying flat though.Ive been checked for AAA and had 2 ct scans in the past 3months and an ultrasound 3weeks ago, and all was ok. But am worrying now!!!lol!

Charlotte

molkogirl
17-01-12, 11:33
Hi, Everytime i lay on my back i can see my stomach pulsating in time with my pulse.
I got terribly worried about this a couple of years ago and the doc sent me for an ultrasound scan.
There is a major vein running down the middle of your tummy and if you are thin you can sometimes see it. Also some people just natually have this vein closer to the skin surface so agian you can see it. Also because you are anxious this increases and strengthens your pulse which makes it even more likely that you would see it. This is what i was told by the doc at the hospital. Its nothing at all to worry about.
I also get the thing lower down on the right (that feels like a baby moving) my patner gets it too but he does not suffer anxiety. His mum is a nurse and she said that it is perfectly normal its to do with the digestion of food and the products passing through the intestines making them contract slightly.
Hope this helps someone.
Take Care
sarah x

chl_hobbs
17-01-12, 11:51
THANKYOU so so much Sarah!!! My tum does just that, especially when Im in the bath and lying down. BUT after reading your post it made me realise that OF COURSE it would pulsate in the bath as its hot! I too have had CTs, Ultrasounds and blood tests (not just for that but since my laparotomy), and they said the main vein in my tummy was fine. I just got worried again after reading that post but thanks.

Charlotte x

molkogirl
17-01-12, 12:11
No worries, i remember how worried i was at the time, before the ultrasound.
Glad i have been able to help you.
Take care x

anitaa
17-01-12, 18:41
Thanks for all the replys, ive been getting it today when iv been walking around but think its because im waiting to feel it, hope it goes away soon never noticed it before have an ultrasound coming up for another prob so ill get them to check it out while im there! i get scared and work myself up into a panic over everything i think worrying makes it worse:huh: