PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from north lincs?

chelley27
16-01-12, 17:27
Hiya - Just wondered if there is anyone here from my area? x

Sammylou
16-01-12, 21:30
Hi, where abouts in north lincs are you from. Im a lincolnshire lass, live in Leeds now but all my family are still in lincs x

chelley27
16-01-12, 22:08
hiya, im in sunny scunny, wheres you from originally then? x

Sammylou
17-01-12, 16:20
I grew up in Brigg, most of my family are in in scunny, ashby and bottesford. I try get over as much as I can :)

chelley27
28-01-12, 14:39
small world then, what do you suffer with ? xx

oneofus
28-01-12, 15:09
Aharrhg Brigg, sunny scunny! I was born in Bottesford but moved to Immingham via Winteringham. Escaped decades ago though parents still up there.

One of us

chelley27
28-01-12, 17:31
love the "escaped " bit. wish i had listed to my instinct and done the same. scunny really is a dump lol x

oneofus
28-01-12, 19:59
love the "escaped " bit. wish i had listed to my instinct and done the same. scunny really is a dump lol x

Real shame about scunny, once you get out of the town the area is gorgeous. Still love going down to the Humber at Winteringham, garden parties in the big house opposite our cottage, bringing home hedgehog babies in my father's old motorcycle helmet, picking apples in the orchard, letting calves nuzzle my fingers over the back fence, chasing a boar out of an inflatable swimming pool, picking warm eggs under the hens of next doors farm....... Nostalgia just isn't what it used to be.

Sadly we moved to Immingham, worse than scunny believe me.

One of us

chelley27
28-01-12, 20:32
lol it sounds a million miles away from me, all we seem to have is steelworks pollution, chavs and fast food joints. thats about all scunny has to "offer"

whats up with immingham? xx

oneofus
28-01-12, 21:15
Replace steel with oil and chemical and you have it.

But as with scunny drive a few miles inland and Lincolshire is a hidden treasure; miles of great fishing, market towns such as Louth untouched by out of town shopping, a wonderful coast alive with seals, rare nesting birds and huge swirling flocks of waders in the winter, and best of all minimal celebrity exposure.

One of us

jodles83
07-02-12, 17:47
Hi, I live in north lincs used to live in immingham myself. Now living in barton.

oneofus
07-02-12, 20:17
Barton the gateway to the Humber Bridge, and exit point from Yorkshire!

Much better than Immingham mind! Do they still have the Sargent's ice cream van in the high street?

I left Immingham in '81 having survived Immingham Comp. Last time I bumbled into anyone from the area was a young sheep farmer from Ulceby, who when I asked if he'd gone to Barton Grammar replied yes where do go and receiving the reply Immingham Comp turned to his wife to say "'Ere luv he's cum to kick our 'ed in". Mind you I came from the salubrious end of Immingham clear views of the golf club and oil refinery.

one of us