PDA

View Full Version : Going from 50mg to 100mg

Cat80
16-01-12, 20:12
I've just been to the Dr's today because after a while of 50mg sertraline working my moods have dipped a lot lately and my anxiety has got worse. The Dr has upped my dose to 100mg and I have to go back in 4 weeks for a review.

I'm a little nervous though as to what side effects I can expect? I already don't sleep on these ones and have put weight on. I am on a diet (started 2 weeks ago) as I want to lose a dress size and be back to a UK size 10 and don't want to waste my time dieting. I'm also scared I won't sleep or I'll feel sick as that is a phobia of mine. Anyone got any advice before I take my first one tonight. Thank you

alfredo1
17-01-12, 09:45
I've also put weight on these Cat. I'm on 50mg and only been on them 2 weeks. I'm not consuming many calories whatsoever and still i'm getting heavier. I'm going to the doctors tonight as i can't be on somethign that makes me bigger as that will knock my self esteem even more. I'm going ot ask to go on Fluxotine.

I hope you get on OK with the 100mg. Keep us posted.

Its a rocky road but hopefuly we'll all get there

Dan1975
17-01-12, 13:37
I'd been on 50mg for 6 weeks and they weren't really doing anything. The doc has upped me to 100mg for the next 2 weeks and if I still can't feel the benefit by then I am to up it to 200mg. Am sticking with it though. It least I will be able to rule it out if it fails to work.

D