PDA

View Full Version : How do I cope???

BELLE12345
16-01-12, 20:25
I came off my anti deppressants as i felt i didnt need them, i was fine, now its back, i feel scared, my tummy is in knots, i jump when the phone rings, i dont want to go back on tablets please help x

Stormsky
16-01-12, 20:35
Hi
I came off my Anti D's 5 months ago, like you i didnt feel i needed them, and i didnt want to be on them anymore...they made me feel rubbish.... anyway i felt great the first week being off, then it hit me hard, the anxiety was huge, like you very jumpy, couldnt stand noise, bright light.... i went to docs and was offered to go back on meds, and i said NO... so ive had to look at lifestyle, diet, exercise, and did research on vitamins...especially vit B's... found Jarrows B-right on amazon, read hundreds of reviews on them... been on them 11 days now and feeling better than i have in months...

Stormsky
16-01-12, 21:16
I know you dont really want to here this but its really going to help if you go back on them , they even out emotions and really help with anxiety and those horrible symptoms you are getting, maybe starting a lower dose again so you dont actually feel as if your on them fully. Or maybe try CBT to help with this. meditation for anxiety on youtube really helped me in times of need aswell, My heart goes out to you I know exactly how you are feeling just really reconisder those magic tablets one a day and you'll feel fine , alot of the time people do feel fine but thats because the tablets are working! this isnt the time to come of them, it shows hey are perfect for you xxx

Totally disagree with what you advise..and bit strong to actually say some of what you did.. you know nothing about this individuals situation, yet you say to go back on them and they are 'perfect for you'- Your not a doctor, and whilst we shd offer support, i dont think we should instruct people.

Stormsky
16-01-12, 21:34
Natalie= Dont really care if you want my opinion.. Im entitled to an opinion, and if i feel i want to say something about your post i will... like your use of CAPS, however, not scaring me!

BELLE12345
16-01-12, 21:57
I would like to say thankyou both for your opinions and i would like to tell you both my story.
18 months ago i started to get angry with eveyone but i couldnt see it until it was too late, i went shopping for school unifoms and then went to greggs to get some lunch, i got 3 sausages rolls for the kids and 2 burger bars 1 for me & 1 for my sis, when i got in my son and nephew took the burger bars thinking they were theirs, i got soo mad i grabed my son who was 6 at the time i started sceaming at him and shaking him, if my hubby had not have come home i do think i would have really hurt him. i ran out the house and went to a friends. it was there i realised i was out of control, the next day i went to the docs and he gave me anti ds, but they made me worse, i could not leave the house, answer the door or phone i could not even see my friends, my doc upped my dose, i did get better, i started volunteering in a charity shop to get me up and out, to give me a purpose after 6 months i decided i did not need the tablets, why did i need tabs to see people, to be a wife and mother, its only because its back that ineed advice, i dont want the tabs, but if people have experienced this i just wanted thier opinions, so thankyou both,

Mindful
16-01-12, 22:02
if she did not want my point of view she would NOT post on here ....

.... I am instructing her on MY opinion and id rather not have yours .

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------
X

Erm lol... that struck the giggle cord with me. I wont say anymore than that ..

Stormsky
16-01-12, 22:07
hi BELLE
thanks for posting your story. Only you can decide whats best for you and what you want to do regarding meds... Unfortunately, once stopping meds we can find out we are back at square one, thats what my gp told me when i decided to come off... i dont think they are a cure, they mask the problem and calm the symptons so we can feel 'normal' in the running of our day to day life.. which is great, but for me i didnt want to be on them forever, i didnt like the long term effects that my particular meds can have on the body after years of use.. Im sure youll get lots of helpful advise tho. chin up.:)

Mindful
16-01-12, 22:11
I came off my anti deppressants as i felt i didnt need them, i was fine, now its back, i feel scared, my tummy is in knots, i jump when the phone rings, i dont want to go back on tablets please help x Im in the anti meds camp, but i certainly dont dismiss that they work and are in some cases needed. I have never been on them so can not comment about them but id really like to see more people learning about panic, what happens when we panic and why, learning to change their thoughts, feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I dont know, i just believe that learning to accept the crap that is panic, learning to lose your fear of the fear is a life long tool and one that you can take everywhere, everyday for the rest of your life, where as meds, masking the problem, filling the body with god knows what bothers me.

Have you read Clare Weekes books at all sweetie? Please do if you havent, and if you have please read it again.. just give the non meds a try first before turning back to '' those magic tablets one a day and you'll feel fine'' ( something very sinister in that last line, makes me very uncomfortable :/ )

BELLE12345
16-01-12, 22:13
thankyou and it is nice to know i am not alone, i never realised how many people felt like this, it is wonderful to have somewhere to come when i need a friend that understands xxx

Babikins
16-01-12, 22:15
Bahaha I properly laughed out loud at "like your use of CAPS, however, not scaring me!" CAPS ARE SCARY OK?! BE SCARED!!! :doh:

On a more serious note...

I know how you feel BELLE... I am coming off my AD's too, I just so desperately want to be drug free. I think if you are really sure you want to come off them then be strong and work through it. Maybe take up yoga, try vitamins etc etc, all that wonderful hippy stuff that helps us feel a bit brighter inside. Good luck my lovely!

Stormsky
16-01-12, 22:16
MINDFUL = just give the non meds a try first before turning back to '' those magic tablets one a day and you'll feel fine'' ( something very sinister in that last line, makes me very uncomfortable :/ )[/QUOTE]

thankyou, im not the only one who thought that then...