PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, enough of this

LauraJay
16-01-12, 20:33
Ive had a bout of anxiety come around thanks to lymph nodes in my neck! I found them nearly 3-4 months ago, had 6 doctors tell me I'm fine.

My doctor sent me to an ENT in the end as he said they'd 'failed to reassure me'. He felt my neck and then sent me for an ultrasound to 'close the book' that nothing bad was lurking there. That was about a month ago now, and the radiologist told me then and there that malignant nodes look very different on US than reactive/benign ones...and so I was given more reassurance and told only to go back if they get bigger. I went back to my DR to talk about it and now they think I need therapy for anxiety as I should be fine with it all by now! But I can still feel them, and they are no larger than they were 4 months ago.

Given this, why the hell am I still touching them and why cant I let it go?!

Any help would be fab, thank you :( x

dancingfrog
16-01-12, 22:23
Ive got the same problem with them in my armpit. Last week I didn't toutch them for three days, did so well, then felt them, they feel smaller, but now I am stuck in the cycle of touching them again rrrrr

EmmerLooeez
16-01-12, 23:03
Ah honey, it does sound like you've got anxiety pretty bad. I would certainly see about some form of therapy or possibly medication.

I'm sorry that you're going though this, it's an awful thing to experience.

The only way that you will get over this is by trying really hard to resist the urge to check them! If you feel that it is too difficult to stop checking then give yourself a set limit of times a day that you will allow yourself to feel them (and stick to it!). Start at maybe 15 times a day and then when you're managing that, knock it down by one and so on and so forth.

I think you'll find that once you have stopped checking them you will be able to convince yourself more readily that there is nothing wrong with you.

I promise you that you are fine, you have been thoroughly checked out and reassured and now you just need to convince yourself of it.

It is easier said than done, I know.

Good luck and take care,
Emma.x