PDA

View Full Version : Worried about ECG changes

Kri74
16-01-12, 23:38
Hi there, havent been here for a long time, (thankfully, have been doing ok) but have been really anxious about results on a recent ECG.

Ive had palpitations on and off for over 7 years, ever since bother with overactive thyroid. Thats all under control now(had RAI and now on thyroxine). Before Christmas, GP sent me for ECG. I didnt think anything of it, but it came back with something abnormal - a short PR interval. I dont think there was anything else abnormal about it, never was mentioned anyhow. She emailed ECG to cardiologist, who has got back saying saying to do a 24 hr tape, if nothing showed on that, an event monitor.

Now, my palpitations arent really that bad, and Ive always put it down to thyroid, low iron, which I get sometimes. But I looked up on internet what short pr interval could be due to, and Im terrified I have some of the more serious things it could be, even though I did also read it can be normal in some people.

One of the things, is seemingly really noticeable on ECG, so Im presuming if cardiologist never mentioned this, then there was no evidence of it? I have an app with GP for 2 weeks time, so will ask my questions then, but does anyone know anything about this? Experienced this? Have anHy opinions?!

Trying not to stress out even more, but this just seems to be kicking off all the anxiety/panic again.

Thanks,