PDA

View Full Version : NHS advice on foods to eat with IBS

debbsi
17-01-12, 08:17
Hi
Ive just been doing some reading on IBS and forgive me if this has already been posted. I came across this advice from the NHS its from NICE guidlines. It tells you what to eat to reduce your IBS symptoms - based on your symptoms.
Well it looks like Ive been eating all the wrong foods!! So I'm going to take the advice and see how I go on. I am also keeping a food diary. I'll keep you all posted.

NICE advice for IBS symptoms (http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/NICEBDAIrritableBowelSyndromeDietaryInformationRes ourcev2.pdf)

Tish
18-01-12, 14:05
Hi
Ive just been doing some reading on IBS and forgive me if this has already been posted. I came across this advice from the NHS its from NICE guidlines. It tells you what to eat to reduce your IBS symptoms - based on your symptoms.
Well it looks like Ive been eating all the wrong foods!! So I'm going to take the advice and see how I go on. I am also keeping a food diary. I'll keep you all posted.

NICE advice for IBS symptoms (http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/NICEBDAIrritableBowelSyndromeDietaryInformationRes ourcev2.pdf)

I'll definately go along with the resistant starches being a trigger. Strangely, I've found that chicken doesn't agree with me either.. I've never heard of that before.
Also, I used to be bad around the time of ovulation yet I've only ever read one article that links hormones to the condition.

Greenman50
18-01-12, 17:24
Thanks for the link :D

Can i ask while other members will be viewing this what other peoples symtyms are please . I,m confused on what i should eat really as i don,t have the runs and i,m not bunged up either . I,ve just been sticking to fresh veg , lean meat , mashed spuds etc and avoiding all the fatty stuff ,fried , chocs etc..
I just have the urgency to go first thing in the morning , usually 3 times and its just loose . My stomach area constantly gurgles and i get a warm feeling low in the stomach , in my sides and centre of my stomach .
Feel bloated aswell and burp alot at times .

I,ve had ibs for 20 years and it can go but i can also have it every day for six months like now :ohmy:
Its not really bad pain , just a nuisance as i don,t always know if its my excess stomach acid causeing the bloating / burping or ibs