PDA

View Full Version : Am I going crazy?

Sarahandj
17-01-12, 10:33
Hi I'm new to this website but feeling in a state of panic. I have had tingling, tremors and went to see my GP who said it was my GAD that had returned after 6 years. She put me on 10mg citalpram but a few days after this I had this terrible weakness in my legs which comes and go. I am convinced I have MS, and after going back to her I've now been referred to a neuro. (she said to put my mind at rest). Has anyone else had this weakness after being put on meds?
Please help. X

molkogirl
17-01-12, 11:06
Hi,
I didn't get weak legs specifically on meds but i did get side effects. I tried a few different meds years back but each one gave me a different side effect so in the end i decided to go without.
Weak legs is also a symptom of anxiety itself, i get weakness all the time due to my anxiety. Its hard to say whether or not your weak legs are actually due to the meds or the anxiety.
I think maybe the weakness will go away on its own because if its the meds then most side effects are short lived (the doc said) and if its the anxiety causing the weakness then the meds will help the anxiety and the symptoms will ease.
Hope this helps. I have had endless symptoms that i have worried about and they have always turned out to be anxiety. It tries to bully you and scare you wherever it can, with all the what if? thoughts.
Hang in there, i hope you feel better soon.
Take care
Sarah x

Wuboo
17-01-12, 11:39
I also get weak legs but when I am focusing on something else and not thinking about anxiety it seems to go.

Sarahandj
17-01-12, 11:47
Thanks Sarah, that's really helped. I got this weak feeling last time (6 years ago) and it started just after taking meds so it may be a coincidence. After about 4 weeks it had completely gone. I think I am going mad!

Thanks also jayuk20, I've just been signed off work as not sleeping or eating and may have too much thinking time on my own, which I know is not good!