PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks

joy
17-01-12, 11:42
i have been taking 20mg cipralex for almost 9 weeks , i get the odd good day but not enough to say its working. dont know what to do. i've tried most of all the other meds without success and these have the least side effects.

joy

pinkdove
17-01-12, 12:15
Hi Joy, 9 weeks is still early days, and if you can feel a difference, then i would say they are working. but it takes time.

Also if you are not getting many side effects that is a good thing too, i would say give it a bit more time, but speak to your gp if you are concerned xx

Tero
17-01-12, 12:27
Keep at it. I have the odd panic day still. In fact, had one a week ago. But if it is one panic attack a month, I can live with it.

Anxious-in-Canada
17-01-12, 12:47
Hi Joy,

Stick in there, I found these meds works slowly (at least from my experience) but that are working gradually as well. Try keeping a journal of your progress with your feelings and thoughts. When you review the journal you might be surprise to see that you have ben making progress all along but it was so subtle that you didn't realize it.

Try doing somethings to help the meds too, exercise, talk therapy (bitch whine moan to a friend...) find a retreat to do each day - meditation/relaxation/nap (soemthing that calms you and relaxes you), practice deep breathing for themoments where stress and anxiety are the highest....just some suggestions to try....

Take care you will through it before you know it.

amber980
17-01-12, 16:35
Hi Joy I have joined no more panic today and I am also taking 20mg of escitalapram. I have been taking them for 7 weeks now and feel the same as you,so im glad im not on my own xx

joy
18-01-12, 08:34
Hi Amber,

why are you taking cip for anxiety or depression? have you tried any other meds before.
hi Anxious in Canada

I havent got your patience to wait a year!!!!

Thanks for your replies Pink Dove and Tero

Still feeling dreadful this morning. Mornings are always the worse

Joy

amber980
18-01-12, 09:34
Hi Joy I take escitalopram for anxiety and depression. I was on citalopram 60mgs
for about 18 months but had to reduce the dose to 40mgs due to new guidlines so my doctor thought I might be better off taking the escitalopram instead.

joy
18-01-12, 11:57
A nd do you find any difference between the two? My anxiety doesnt seem tobe getting any lower is yours?
Joy

amber980
19-01-12, 14:38
Hi Joy I am starting to feel a little better. I used to take Prothiaden its a very old tricyclic antidepressant, i took it for years and 18 months ago my GP suggested I try something else and put me on the citalapram, but first I had to get the prothiaden out of my system which I really did struggle with but managed it.

joy
19-01-12, 21:47
Dear Amber
Glad you are feeling better and I hope its beginning to work, not much sign of it working with me totally rubbish day yesterday but not too bad today. The ups and downs get me down

Joy