PDA

View Full Version : scared before seeing therapist/doctor

becks xxx
17-01-12, 12:32
My appointments with my therapist used to be a weekly thing but now they are getting months and months apart. Every week when I used to see him I would get so nervous before and be sick, once I was with him I was ok then always come out really happy. This happened everytime I had to go there but I never told him cos I didn't want him to think it was him when it isn't, I don't know the reason? Tomorrow I have an appointment with the psychiatrist to have a review on my meds and I'm getting so worried. The place has helped me soso much, but whenever I have to go I get so nervous. Mental health scares me soo much and whenever I have to go I always convince myself I have something worse like a mental illness and dread going, cos I'm scared they could find something else wrong wth me. Do anyone else get like this?

Loubeelou
17-01-12, 12:58
You are not alone becks! Going anywhere alone, especially appointments is where my main anxieties lie.
It doesn't matter what it is, I work myself up to the point where I am on the brink of a panic attack/sick/ill even though I know it will all be fine.
Once I'm there I calm down and by the time I'm coming home my anxiety is nil.

I think hospitals etc can cause this a lot even in people who don't particularly suffer. I think they call it 'white coat syndrome'

Like I say, you are not alone, it's just another symptom of our anxiety which will hopefully be helped in the long run by you going to your psychiatrist. x