PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol - anyone experienced this?

Loubeelou
17-01-12, 12:48
I think this is a total shot in the dark as it's a weird one but basically I haven't been able to drink alcohol (anytime after teatime say) for over 3 months now.
The reason is, is when I go to bed I wake up in the night with horrific palpitations. Now they are not like normal ones that you get in a panic attack as they last for ages. If I lay perfectly still, they eventually calm down but the minute I move a muscle, my heart takes off again!
It can take up to an hour for it to stop, then I'm back to normal.

This only started about 3 months ago and up till then I drank regularly. Not a lot but most nights enjoyed a glass or two of wine.
Now this will happen even if I had half a glass of anything alcoholic but the most weird thing is I can drink in the afternoon and so long as it's completely out of my system by bedtime, I'm ok??

Do you reckon this is medical or something in my head that brings it on?

Stormsky
17-01-12, 12:53
Sounds like the alcohol sugars... and as you know alcohol can stay in system for a long time.. perhaps now you are not having any after tea time, is why its not as bad now..

Loubeelou
17-01-12, 13:05
Yeah I would have agreed too that it was the alcohol but why doesn't it do this to me if I have a lunchtime wine? Not that I drink in the afternoon a lot you understand lol but I would have thought it would affect me at other times rather than only in the night??

I'm not too bothered really but on social occasions it's a bit of a bummer when I daren't so much as take a sniff of the stuff :weep:

Stormsky
17-01-12, 13:12
Sugars seem to affect us more at night time, or sleep time..

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

which is why they say for anxiety not to have caffine or sugary treats after teatime, or can make symptons worse at bed time and sleep time

Loubeelou
17-01-12, 13:25
Oh right I see...that could explain it then. Thanks :D

Thanks also for the heads up on the Jarrows B Right. Have taken my first one today :yesyes:

Stormsky
17-01-12, 13:29
Oh right I see...that could explain it then. Thanks :D

Thanks also for the heads up on the Jarrows B Right. Have taken my first one today :yesyes:

im on day 12 of Jarrows, ive had a couple of nicacin flushes, which are actually a good sign of them working, so dont worry if you get them.. this is a hot flush and redness of skin, mines been my face, lasts 10mins or so, but its to do with the blood cells opening and detoxing, makes your skin better too!! ive been feeling calmer, more energy and my moods uplifted.:yesyes:

Loubeelou
17-01-12, 13:41
Yeah I read about those. Will look out for them but it's no biggy if they only last 10mins or so.
The results sound great so I'm really looking forward to them kicking in :D