PDA

View Full Version : should I or shouldn't I

Harribo
17-01-12, 15:12
I took amitriptlyn around 10 months ago for tension headaches I was only 10mg. The headaches went after a week so I stopped them. They have not returned. I now been getting really bad aches and pains in my arms (its because I sleep on them) I don't want to keep relying on pain killers. Do you think I should start them again? I am an anxious person too so I am wondering if it would help with that? :) thanks.

Harry.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Also is it wise to take it just before bed or can I take it any time of the day?

Stormsky
17-01-12, 15:50
hi
I took amitrypline for 10yrs, and spent most of that time trying to get off them, personnally i feel they are a cheap horrible drug... they do help with headaches, nerve pain, and depression at high doses... highest i took was 100mg a day- but last five years i was only 50mg a day, then down 25mg a day... always taken at night, as they are a sedative... ive been off them 5 months and wouldnt go back... they made me have alot more symptons than they actually helped...

Harribo
17-01-12, 16:37
As far as I can remember I just had a dry mouth felt really tired and bit grumpy, worst one was waking up in the middle of the night and my eyesight was gone for 10 seconds pretty scary ha.

Stormsky
17-01-12, 16:40
You didnt take them for very long though, so were probably just experiencing the side effects of when you start taking them... after 10yrs on them, i feel im finally awake!! ive been drugged and sedated for years!

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

i meant after 10yrs and now being off them im finally awake!

Harribo
17-01-12, 17:10
You didnt take them for very long though, so were probably just experiencing the side effects of when you start taking them... after 10yrs on them, i feel im finally awake!! ive been drugged and sedated for years!

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

i meant after 10yrs and now being off them im finally awake!

Wow that bad I don't think I'll start them again then :p thank you :) x