PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed!

Hayley1982
17-01-12, 15:50
I just went to pick my prescription up from the doctors only for the doctor to tell me his changed my meds without asking me. I'm thinking about reporting him but don't know how I go about it. I have been changed from escitalopram to citalopram and citalopram made me sick before and I don't want to take them. I'm guna be right back to square one I can't stop crying. The thought of taking them makes me panic. X

Stormsky
17-01-12, 15:54
Did you actually get to talk to your doc when you collected the prescription??if you did, did you ask why and tell them you dont want to go back on citalopram?? if you didnt see doc and just collected the prescription, then you need to make an appt ASAP to go ask these questions... I wouldnt report him before getting his point of view and why hes done it.

flo24
17-01-12, 15:59
Get an appt with your doc to talk about it. he shouldnt change without telling you about it. Just hang in there, your be ok, just dont work yourself up about it.

pinkdove
17-01-12, 16:05
Hi hayley, this is not on, and you need to speak to them and refuse to chnge, citaloprm is much cheaper than escitalopram, probably just trying to save money, but not at the expense of your health.

Please dont worry ring or go to the surgery and express your concerns,

Good luck xx

Hayley1982
17-01-12, 16:34
When I did pick it up the doctor told me I must make appointment to see him and there not doing escitalopram nomore. I asked for appointment tomorrow nothing thay said, asked for Thursday he said nothing. I'm seeing the nurse instead Thursday. My doctor even said to me a little while ago he can't do much more to help me, disgusting isn't it. When I was 23 I went and said to Him I feel like I'm going to overdose I need help he said to me ur be ok stick with meds, 2 days later i was in hospital after overdosing :-(

Stormsky
17-01-12, 16:36
Thats awful- A change in doctor surgeries maybe!

Hayley1982
17-01-12, 16:40
Yeah I'm thinking of going to another surgery can I just go join another surgery?? X

Stormsky
17-01-12, 16:41
yep you can change surgeries, find a new one, call them to register, and they will then get your records from the old doc

Hayley1982
17-01-12, 16:43
Thank u cos this doctor is no help x

Helen1985
17-01-12, 17:39
Def ring them first thing and ask to see one hun maybe ask to see a diferant doc if u dont like yours and exsplain whats happened xxxxx