PDA

View Full Version : //// --- this isn't living

pablo22
17-01-12, 16:25
i don't even know where to start. I sat on the edge of bed this morning feeling that if i was going to stand up, my heart would stop. I havn't slept in days, it feels like i have a sumo wrestler sitting on my chest, i feel weak. i cant contemplate what the rest week will be like, i'm exhausted. i feel like im dying, like i have the body of a 85 yr old ... im only 20

Keith
17-01-12, 16:28
When did you last sleep?

Babikins
17-01-12, 16:28
Hey Pablo.

So whats your history, are you on any meds? Have you spoken to your GP about these feelings before? Those sorts of feelings can be linked with depression but it is important to seek medical diagnosis and rule out anything untoward first.

Stormsky
17-01-12, 16:30
hi- Lack of sleep does the same to me, weakness, exhausted... add to that anxiety you already have, and its no wonder you feel the way you do... Like you say your are 20, your not going to die... You have to get up and make yourself live your life... i read that you have to 'live like you dont have the condition'... you need to get sleep though, and i know anxiety affects getting a good nights rest, as you wake alot etc... you need to look at relaxing regimes before bed, no caffine, sugary treats... Are you on meds?

pablo22
17-01-12, 16:42
hey, ye i have panic disorder and health anxiety, im on 15mg of lexapro (or citroplam i think it is in the UK), i used to be on a higher dose.. but i wanted it reduced.

It hard to explain how i feel, i'm just blunt, emotional blunt.. i spent an hour just staring at the ceiling in my room, i cant sleep because i'm afraid i wont wake up...

CONS
17-01-12, 21:51
hey, ye i have panic disorder and health anxiety, im on 15mg of lexapro (or citroplam i think it is in the UK), i used to be on a higher dose.. but i wanted it reduced.

It hard to explain how i feel, i'm just blunt, emotional blunt.. i spent an hour just staring at the ceiling in my room, i cant sleep because i'm afraid i wont wake up...

And yet you keep waking up, all of this is temporary, its you Vs you at the moment, just accept that what is happening is normal for hundreds of thousands of people and that IT WILL CHANGE.

Small steps, you need to set daily goals, very small at first to build confidence, you can get your life back and it will happen, just believe it first, distract yourself with funny movies and silly things that dont have too much attention to them like the simpsons.

The more you have silence around you, the more you will focus on what is happening and be looking out for further problems,

the only way is up, just believe.

pablo22
17-01-12, 22:51
im better this evening thank you, i just.. i dont know.. it came to a stage was i was too emotional flat to cry!, i was exhausted! that was the saddest bit... but i made the dinner, just focused on nothing but the dinner, and fought through it.. i just keep thinking theres somethign wrong ith me.. with my heart,

I went to the supermarket to get a filled roll.. and when i came back, i walk pretty faced, my heart was racing! like i had just done the 100 meters dash ! ugh