PDA

View Full Version : Sore tummy with black stools, really worried cannot sleep! :(

Keith
17-01-12, 16:26
For the past 3 days I have had a sore tummy on the right lower side, the pain is slight and depends on the way I am sitting. My stools are dark and have a slight white coating. Am I going to die? Do I have cancer? I've been finding it hard to breath sometimes, help me. I'm only 17 and I don't want to die!

I can't sleep or eat I'm so freaking worried I want to cry.

Babikins
17-01-12, 16:33
You need to book an appointment to see your GP. It is really important when you notice any sudden changes to your body that you make sure to obtain a proper medical diagnosis. I know it can be scary but the medical system in the UK is here to make sure we live long and healthy lives! I am not a qualified doctor (I am in university) so I cannot say with any certainty what is the matter, however it sounds to me like it could be a fairly common digestive system infection in the large intestine. That would explain the soreness, the darker stools and the white coating which I would think is a mucus/bile residue from your white blood cells trying to fight the infection. The best advice I can give is be brave, get an appointment with your GP and put your mind at rest! If it is an infection it is very simple and painless to treat with a course of anti-biotics.

paula lynne
17-01-12, 16:35
Hi Keith, Im sure you are fine, but "black" stools as you described in the title of your thread must always be investigated. Make an appointment as soon as possible with your GP, the longer you wait, the more anxious you will be. Ring today if its not too late. You are panicking, thats why you are having trouble breathing. Find a paper bag, or cover your mouth and nose with both hands and breathe. x

paula lynne
18-01-12, 15:58
Keith what happened, did you go to the GP?