PDA

View Full Version : Bad day too

brenda
13-06-06, 10:45
Well I am in a right state this morning
I have an appointment for the hospital tomorrow and all I am doing is crying cause I cant cope with going.
The last week has been awful cause all I can think off is the impending appointment
I am terrified of hospitals but my GP says I must go for some tests even though there is not much likelihood of there being anything wrong.

He gave me tranquilisers but I am terrified of taking pills too.

I dont think I can make it and am thinking of ringing up and postponing the appointment.
How do others cope in this situation?

do some of you not go to the docs at all becuase you are terrified like me

Thanks

honeybee3939
13-06-06, 11:20
Hi,

I do feel for you Brenda and can understand just how you are feeling, i used to be the same as you, i hated hospitals and doctors, i can remember having to visit the hospital for a appointment and having to wait in the car park until a nurse came to get me for my appointment as i couldnt sit in the waiting rooms without panicking.
I do still have problems with waiting rooms in doctors etc, but it as got easier over the years i try to take my mind off it by taking magazines to read, also when i make appointments i explain to the receptionists my sittuation regarding me been agorophobic and they are usually good and make me a early appointment so i dont have to sit around long.
You will be fine Brenda, and once you have been tommorrow you will be so pleased with your self that you made it, i will be thinking of you benda and will send you some positive vibes !!

Love

Andrea
xxx

chedda
13-06-06, 13:25
Hia Brenda,I can totally sympathise with you :D.I dont go to the doctors or hospitals in fact the doctor comes to me and nurses come to me to do blood tests ect not that i dont want to be able to go i just quite simply cant.Thankfully i have a great doctor who understands about it and i am awaiting CBT therapy:D
In the past i have cancelled appointments and made excuses why i cant go then beat myself up about it ,now i just accept that untill its more under control its something i cant do.
Either way if you go or not only you can make that decision and if you do go good luck and stay positive,explain to the receptionist and hopefully she will help you if she can :D take care cheryl xx

brenda
13-06-06, 13:49
Hi Cheryl

I'm glad its not only me. I used to be really bad and have the doc come to me but then managed to get to the surgery.
Its the extra bit like going to the hospital that I cant manage.

i do tend to beat myself up about it cause I cant cope.

Like you say its not that you dont want to go you just cant.

I am planning on going back to the doc and explaining to see what they can do for me and I am also going to try the telephone course that No Panic do as soon as they have a vacancy. I just got the form to apply this morning.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one like it. Keep in touch

Thanks Nigel too for your advice. I am not going to avoid it and do nothing at all. I really am fed up with being like it all my life (I am 55 and have been like it since I was 15) and want to do somthing positive to get better
Brenda

giddy
13-06-06, 17:26
Hi Brenda
I hate going to the doctors and hospitals too. I went to see my sister and new baby at the weekend and very nearly didn't make it onto the ward because I had to wait outside for 10mins!
Is there someone who could go with you - when I have blood tests my friend drives me there, talks constantly to me while I'm waiting and even comes into the room with me and talks away while its being done. It does help.
Love Helen

brenda
13-06-06, 18:24
HI Giddy.
I do have somebody with me. My husband takes me and stays with me but that hasnt helped at all.

I cant read or listen to music while I am waiting because I am tooo stressed to concentrate on anything

I can go to the hospital to visit somebody its just when the visit is for myself that I get the panics/anxiety which is so overwhelming I just cant cope.

Its the feeling that I cant escape if I want to or might feel bad while having treatment and cant leave that worries me and I am also worried about having any injections.

Brenda

brenda
15-06-06, 09:05
well I didnt make it to the hospital
I was sooo stressed for the couple of days before that I ended up in bed with a migraine headache on the day and just couldnt go.

I am going back to the docs when I can get an appointment. I can just about cope with going to the surgery but not going to the hospital

I feel depressed and washed out today and dont want to do anything

hope I can get some help soon