PDA

View Full Version : Derealization and DP help me please!..

Conorm
17-01-12, 18:38
Hello there for those that haven't read my posts before,im 16 and have been battling De realization and Depersonalization HIGH anxiety for last 2 months and it has been horrible:(

The thing that really bovered me the last couple days and sorry i cant explain it or put in to words as its quite hard to explain but its as if i don't know who i am?, like im sitting their in class at school then suddenly hits me and i think to myself i dont know who i am?, i mean inside my head... i have a conversation with 'myself' in my head and i find it really hard sometimes to know myself and it really worries me.. isit because ive become so aware of the unreal surroundings i have become less aware of my self? , i feel like i am going to lose my mind !:( ...

Can someone please reassure me i aint going to go crazy, psychotic or lose my mind:( im so scared with this, is this anxiety and derealization making me think like this and it will go away???..

Please reply xx

Anyone?

PanchoGoz
17-01-12, 18:50
Heya.
Reassurance galore: you are not going insane and you never will :) It is sooo scary having derealerealsistatioananion I can't even be bothered to write that word but once you know what it is, it isn't so scary. It is a symptom of toomuch dwelling on your mind, like you say, but it is temporary and goes away if you ignore it and leaves with the anxiety. Try not to think about it when it happens. Focus on something external.
Remember, anxiety is a neurosis; psychosis is the opposite. Anxiety never develops into madness because they are not related. It can feel like your going crazy but its just the anxiety making you feel like that.
Take care.

bignik
17-01-12, 18:51
I know when my anxiety is very high I too suffer from irrational thinking even to the point where I think Im going mad , it feels as if your only focused on the thoughts , you cant see past them or understand them rationally , I can only relate from my own experience but found when anxiety drops it all comes back and makes sense , have you not got any medication to bring the anxiety down ? , perhaps lying down and trying to relax etc perhaps help

Conorm
17-01-12, 18:53
Well because of my age they dont want to start medicating me yet.., its just i feel a stranger to my own mind, im sitting here right now thinking and i dont feel like i know myself :(.. is it a common one with Anxiety/derelaisaitititiotititon..^^ thanks pancho xx

bignik
17-01-12, 19:10
Hi yes anxiety can be scary when it first hits as the effects are unknown to the person suffering its only by experience of such things one can address and recognise them as such and of course attempt to deal with them with whatever method works for them.

I find if I can get anxiety down before it peaks ( usually by relaxation ) it doesnt get as far as the madness feeling, anxiety as far as Ive learned so far , secret is trying to nip it at the bud ( early ) , I find myself worrying Im going to have an attack and find Im not at times , but I try to train myself best I can and always safer than sorry I say all for the sake of listening to a relaxation cd or distraction perhaps listen to some music

When I first suffered anxiety I was ok with it , it was all physical , legs bouncing , nervous etc and it was like this for a few months and then I started to get fast irrational thoughts etc and it scared me too only after knowing and understanding what was going on could I understand what was happening.

bettykitten
17-01-12, 19:53
Sweetheart, you are not going mad. Or if you are, so am I. ;)

I suffer with derealization terribly, most mornings (tends to ease off throughout the day as I submerge myself in my tasks) Has your doctor spoke tp you about CBT at all?

Stormsky
17-01-12, 20:53
hi
its only a sympton not an illness itself... its very scary, but its meant to be your mind trying to protect you because its so tired...(not a nice way to protect us though id say!) it will fade..your not going crazy at all...

robin321
17-01-12, 21:08
I agree with the others. We get ourselves into a warped sense of only thinking of ourselves. It is our mind 'protecting' us from perceived threats. The more we 'perceive' the more our minds look for more things, and 'seperate us'.
I get this mostly in the AM, when I wake up. Sleep is peaceful, and then everything hits me. One by one, by two, by three..etc.. If the day is active, it goes away but sometimes creeps back in out of nowhere. I would love a pill to relax for a bit, but it isn't easy to come by where I live.

bettykitten
17-01-12, 23:38
http://http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/depersonalisation_and_derealisation.html This might be useful for you, Conorm.

Conorm
18-01-12, 09:28
Thanks everyone for the comments:), i wish i could do something for all of us, good website thanks bett:) take care xx

EmmerLooeez
18-01-12, 15:43
Hey sugar, how are you feeling now?
It is scary and many of us do feel asthough we're losing our minds or sense of self. You'll be okay, I promise you. It's great that you're still going to school - and I know you still see your friends - so just try and keep yourself busy. This won't last forever.

Just take one day at a time and don't forget that you should be getting CBT soon :)
Hope you're feeling a bit better - you know where I am if you need me. Xxxx

Conorm
18-01-12, 16:15
Hello emmer im not bad at the moment thanks, how are you?:)

Yeah still going sixthform and seeing my mates, just gotta take it day by day, also i have rung the CBT people and they said they will ring me 1st of jan, has that happend? nope lol,

Thanks emmer speak if you need me too :) Xxx