PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms have come back after redundancy

samtheman
17-01-12, 19:23
I've not really had any anxiety issues for years, panic attacks went, general anxiety went, life was pretty good.

When I went back to work last week after the holidays I found out with immediate effect I and my colleagues were redundant as the company had been made insolvent. I was totally shocked at what had happened as we had been so busy and it all came out of the blue.

So since then its been all applying for jobs applying for benefits, dealing with the redundancy payment people, having no money, and it seems every day there is something in regards to getting benefits, something missing, some sort of issue and I am just totally stressed out.

To add salt to the wound I find out today that the company is back in business, a coworker bought it, and started it up again hiring back 70-80% of the staff, I was not one of them. So today its all been about dealing with the CAB, and their advice is to fight this as its what they call a Sham Redundancy but I don't think I have the strenght for all this.

I went out of the house today for a walk and I got the old feelings of depersonalisation back, you know the feeling like your not really there? I've been shakey ever since, But its clear my anxiety is about to make a return due to all this stress over the past 2 weeks. HELP:weep:

gregcool
17-01-12, 22:16
Hi Sam
I'm really sorry to hear of your sad loss and bad times. I know what you mean about those horrid feeling returning, as mine have two after years of them leaving me. Depersonalisation and derealization . As far as iv been told is to be positive thinking, try to get grounded again keep fit and eat healthy, I'm sorry I can offer any real support , but I just want to let you know you r not alone stay on the forum and we can all help each other by talking..

Good luck I'll be thinking of you as we r both in the same boat,

Greg

virgo199060
18-01-12, 01:32
Hi!
I know exactly how you feel! After I had to leave my job last August, I found that my anxiety returned very quickly.
When a routine is gone, people who are prone to anxiety will often find themselves back in this horrible place. When in work, our focus is on the work. When that distraction is gone, our focus turns to ourselves and we become very aware of our stresses.

I would take the CAB's advice for fighting the company. It will give you some justice and take your mind off your anxiety for now. Keep yourself busy and keep your chin up :)
It'll all be ok xxx

samtheman
18-01-12, 07:35
Thanks all for the support.