PDA

View Full Version : Why wont it end?

iluvstaffies1
17-01-12, 20:08
I posted on here a while ago about the red thing under my arm and how I was obsessed with it. Well it cleared up and so did my anxiety. That was 2 weeks ago.

So now I just looked under my arm and the red thing has come back. I cant believe it. I am just destined to feel like this permanently. Why has the stupid thing come back?? If its cancer does it disappear and then come back?

Also the place where I have been referred for cbt tried to phone me last friday but I wasnt in. I tried to phone the lady back but was told she had left so she would phone me again. Well she hasnt and I have phoned the place twice more and still cant get hold of this person. So this is causing me anxiety too

robin321
17-01-12, 21:09
I had a red thing once on my skin. It went away and came back for months. I tried creams, and that didn't work. Finally a oral antibiotic did the trick.
So don't worry! And no, I do not think cancer would go away and come back like that.

iluvstaffies1
17-01-12, 21:14
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was given an antibiotic cream by my GP when it first appeared and it went after exactly four weeks. I just cant believe its back. It must be something bad if its in my armpit.

CONS
17-01-12, 21:18
It must be something bad if its in my armpit.

It doesnt work like that, its just a hot area and very easy to irritate, could be an allergic reaction or some sensitive spot that you rubbed in the middle of your sleep and not know about. So many possibilities, but doc knows best,

Also if it went the first time, it will again.

As for the lady you need speak to, cant someone else there answer the questions? Cant you just call everyday until you do catch up with her?

:winks:

iluvstaffies1
17-01-12, 21:25
Yes will try phoning again tomorrow. I think it must be the reception who answer the phones and then try to put you through to the therapist.

Maybe I will watch this red patch for a bit and then go to see my gp

Stormsky
17-01-12, 22:06
Alot of therapists go around different surgeries, a day here and a day there, so maybe shes just not there every day anyway

iluvstaffies1
18-01-12, 07:01
Well just as I expected have woken up this morning and feel at rock bottom. My heart is racing and I am gagging. Can't stop checking under my arm. The red mark is exactly the same. At least it's not worse I suppose.

I know I feel even worse this morning as I HAVE to go to work today as I am on a training course all day and must attend it.

Am going to try and contact this therapist again. I know they are passing the messages on because when I have rang they relay back to me what I have said and they inform me that this lady does know that I have called her. No problem anyway, I will just keep trying. It's just I could really do with some help right now.

iluvstaffies1
20-01-12, 19:04
Couldn't take it any more so have been to the doctors this evening. He had a good look under my arm and says it's an infected hair follicle and has given me a course of antibiotics. So am feeling relieved now. Just hope I don't start doubting what he has said, but am going to try my hardest not to let myself do that.

The therapist rang me yesterday and she wanted to ask me if I would like to go on a five week course for anxiety and depression. It started last Monday but I will be going this Monday evening for the remaining four weeks, an hour's session per week. I then decide after the course whether I still want to have one-to-one therapy, which I know that I will.

So will let you know how I get on Monday evening. Am looking forward to it to be honest, it gives me something to focus on.