PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and restless sleeps

shazzie b
18-01-12, 00:18
hi
another query re this med!
have been on 20mg of citalopram for nearly a year now and for months and months ive had really restless sleeps at night...usually ok falling asleep but after a few hours i will wake/toss/turn/have restless legs/wake really early...and its really starting to wear me down, sometimes feeling like i havent even slept. mentioned it to doc a few months back and he said it shouldnt be anything to do with the the AD as it should be helping me to sleep, but i have never felt that its doing that!

has anyone else had similar problems? i have been thinking about taking natural sleeping aids but the 'citalopram survival guide' seems to say no to this??

william wallace
18-01-12, 00:59
Hiya Shazzie.
This med seems to affect everyone differently. I'm up late tonight because I been having a bad day but normally ( whatever that may be):D I go to bed at 11 and sleep until 9 or 10 and wake up with my bladder TMI? the size of a rugby ball. The restless legs thing goes away after a while ( A few years) but you can help it on it's way by exercising, cycling, gym, walking etc just make them too tired to be restless. Here have a cyber hug:hugs:in fact have two, I'm doing a special today:hugs:2 for the price of 1:hugs:and one for luck:D