PDA

View Full Version : prozac question

juliejc7
13-06-06, 12:09
i started with i think panic attacks every day for the past 6 weeks sometimes several times a day been to gp 6 times who did not really diagnose as isuggested if this could be my problem amd muzzy headed dizzy sweating no palpatations or problems breathing sometimes having numbness in arms. put on prozac 20mg now on 21st day since last thursday funny feelings now in the morning yesterday did not have any at all went out for the first time shopping in 6 weeks thought yeah cracked it felt better but not 100%. today woke up feeling dreadful dizzy and muzzy headed all the time no other synptoms wondering is this the prozac how long does it take to work and if the side effects last for this long i need to go back to work but cannot at the moment cause in the morning feeel dreadful now even thinking that there really is something wrong as my mum died 3yrs ago with a brain tumour starting with funny dizzy dos but was not diagnosed until too late. i rationally think this is not the same problem as i have bouts of feeling better hoping it is anxiety but am fed up now seem to be taking one step forward three back is this the result of prozac seem more groggy than usual. please someone advisse me thanks.

janie
13-06-06, 13:20
Hi Julie

I'm on Prosac and I think it took a good month to settle down. I didn't feel dizzy but actually felt more anxious - how bizarre! I have been on them a couple of months now and I think they do level things out a bit. They certainly don't get rid of the symptoms but they have helped me to think more positively. I would suggest you persevere for another week or so and then if no better go back to GP. Not all medications suit everyone and sometimes its a case of trial and error until you find the right one.

Don't know if I've been any help but thinking of you.

Janie xxxx

Ma Larkin
13-06-06, 13:35
Hi Julie, I'm on my 3rd month of Prozac & can honestly say I felt like that for the first 2 months. I'm just levelling out now & feel tons better. It takes me a while to get going in the morning but you kinda get used to it.

Try & persevere & if things don't go any better for you, go back to your GP.

Take care.

Les, xx

arethaire
13-06-06, 18:14
Hi Julie
I'm Cath & I have suffered with panic/anxiety (Health anxiety) for about 3 yrs or so. I see I am the same age as you & I was interested to know what may have started yours off. What symptoms did you have before taking the prozac?
Private message me if you prefer .....

juliejc7
13-06-06, 19:18
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Julie
I'm Cath & I have suffered with panic/anxiety (Health anxiety) for about 3 yrs or so. I see I am the same age as you & I was interested to know what may have started yours off. What symptoms did you have before taking the prozac?

<div align="right">Originally posted by arethaire - 13 June 2006 : 19:14:12</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

juliejc7
13-06-06, 19:27
hi cath started in october for no reason had palpatations sweating dizzy had hangover thought it was that symptoms increased over past few months no palpataions though. since then had attacks every few weeks so went to gp[ had bloods all normal put on betablockers did not work now as i said on prozac for the first 2 weeks had attacks 3 to 5 times a day very disabling now tend to have them in morning head very muzzy sometimes dizzy hoping its the prozac i,m a normally confident and happy person with no depression or anxiety so fdo not understand where this has come from
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Julie

<div align="right">Originally posted by arethaire - 13 June 2006 : 19:14:12</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

EmmaJane
13-06-06, 19:37
Hi Julie,

Im on prozac, have been for 18months. It can take up to 7 weeks for you to get full benefit of them. Try not to worry and give it some time. I wake up quite often with fuzzy head, due to anxiety. If your worrying, it will make your head worse.

I still get anxious, but Im able to retionalise better with my thoughts and symptoms

Good luck

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

arethaire
13-06-06, 21:03
Hi again Julie

Mine started like that too back in July 2001, for no apparent reason I started being sick & very lightheaded, I thought I was going to faint! I still get the lightheadedness daily now, but it's not quite as bad since taking Prozac & I still get numbness & tingling. The palpatations I hardly get now though.

I wondered though because of our age if it has something to do with our hormones maybe perimenopause????

Cath :)

jilguero
13-06-06, 22:08
Is anyone out there taking it for pms symptoms?

jilguero
13-06-06, 22:09
Is anyone out there taking it for pms symptoms?

joolsukuk
14-06-06, 12:23
hi ive been on prozac for about 7 weeks and i felt rough in the beggining but im so much better now, they are working and i wasnt sure they would as im on for ga, and agrophobia now i had pa for years and now its just ga but feels as bad! i would say stick with it for a bit and you should see a difference. good luck x

jools xx

juliejc7
14-06-06, 17:11
thnaks for all your advise today feeling little better but still fuzzy head will stick with prozac for next few weeks hopefully things will settle.