PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to the doctors about this? Sorry, TMI

bettykitten
18-01-12, 14:55
Basically, I've been having very loose stools for the last few weeks (have only had one solid stool in that time!) I have no other symptoms other than feeling a bit like I have no appetite (I have hunger pains but no "taste" for anything but I do still eat) No pain, mucus in stools, no blood, stools are a normal colour, just very loose. I wouldn't call it diarrhea as there is no urgency to go.

I have read that you should report any change in stool habits to your GP but I wouldn't really call this a change in habit as am still going the same amount/time, it's just, erm, sloppier than usual. I tend to put things like this down to my anxiety to be honest.

What would you do?

sickandtired
18-01-12, 15:50
I get terrible runs when Im at my most anxious,usually as soon as I wake up.......had them for weeks ,but its finally started to calm down and Ive been eating a bit better,so the panic must be easing off a bit.
If it does carry on then I would mention it to the doc x

swgrl09
18-01-12, 15:54
Have you changed up your eating habits? This will be TMI but I had this issue when I started eating salad a lot more than my body was used to.

bettykitten
18-01-12, 15:55
Not especially. I haven't been eating as much fruit and veg' as I usually do and maybe not as much as I usually do...