PDA

View Full Version : so scared of being left alone.

cairojones
18-01-12, 15:22
I recently adopted a german shepherd who has had a terrible life. She has settled in so well and bonded with me, but only me. She's terrified of other people and is not an easy dog to have but I've been coping fine with her.She's come such a long way in a short time. Then a few weeks ago my anxiety came back big time and I'm in a terrible state. I haven't eaten for weeks and have lost a stone in weight, I'm virtually bed bound and so weak physically. I live alone and a friend came to stay to help out but he has to leave on Friday and I don't know how I'm going to cope alone as I can't walk the dog. I can't ask him to stay longer, my only relative is my sister who live 150 miles away. I could go to stay with her but can't take my dog as her husband is allergic and I am so worried about it all. I don't want to lose her, she loves me and I feel like I've built her up just to knock her down again.

I just don't know what to do.

Carys
18-01-12, 16:57
By going to stay with other people and having other people stay with you, you are avoiding dealing with your anxiety. You sound like you seriously need medical help and not just friends coming to stay; have you seen your doctor ? are you having mental health support ?

Regarding the doggy, could you put her in kennels for a short while until you feel able to look after her ? I agree if you love her, and she loves you, then taking her to be rehomed sounds like it would really affect you so negatively.

Stormsky
18-01-12, 17:48
I agree, avoidance of being alone wont get any better if you have people stay or go stay at your sisters.. and your never alone when you have a dog! i have 2 dogs.. walking them is good for you, the exercise improves mood.. i used to dread being alone, but actually find its ok, you can distract yourself, come on the forum for a chat, watch tv... You need to eat though, as that wont be helping any of your worry symptons, and perhaps a visit to GP before your freind leaves friday... as you cant go on not eating and losing weight....

haz
18-01-12, 18:16
I really sympathise with your post. I lost my greyhound just over two years ago and I miss her so much. Once I thought I was ready I decided to foster for a local greyhound charity. I lasted two days and had to give the dog back through no fault of his own. I became so anxious I had to go and stay at my sisters (with the dog) and she took it back for me the very next day. Thankfully the dog found a wonderful home but I felt so guilty for mucking them about.

I would love another dog but I can't even take my two cats to the vet by myself, so it just wouldn't be fair.

Again, I really can sympathise with you but I think you have to put your own health first.

Best Wishes.

Haz. x