PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so well :(

miniholly
18-01-12, 16:37
Okay well after a good couple of days of not focusing on my symptoms and feeling genuinley happy and relaxed for the first time in years I've gone back to worrying (mainly because I'm on my own in the house today), I'm so annoyed at myself.
But basically whats troubling me today is I've noticed when I wake up during the night I notice a few black dots in my vision, I blink a few times or look at something else and they're gone.
Its just got me so worried! I noticed it first last Saturday after feeling a bit panicky and it did worry me a bit but not as much as now.
Can someone help me please? Keep thinking I've got a brain tumor/haemorrage (sp?) :'(
I'm on Citalopram too so I don't know if there's a link there or not?

Worried_Male
18-01-12, 16:47
Okay well after a good couple of days of not focusing on my symptoms and feeling genuinley happy and relaxed for the first time in years I've gone back to worrying (mainly because I'm on my own in the house today), I'm so annoyed at myself.
But basically whats troubling me today is I've noticed when I wake up during the night I notice a few black dots in my vision, I blink a few times or look at something else and they're gone.
Its just got me so worried! I noticed it first last Saturday after feeling a bit panicky and it did worry me a bit but not as much as now.
Can someone help me please? Keep thinking I've got a brain tumor/haemorrage (sp?) :'(
I'm on Citalopram too so I don't know if there's a link there or not?

They're called floaters. They're pretty common.

*Just read that 70% of people experience floaters, so you're ok.

miniholly
18-01-12, 23:34
Hi thanks for replying :)
I've had floaters for as long as I remember like little clear transparent-y type ones lol. Its just when I wake up I see these black dots that kind of buzz around for a couple of seconds then just vanish again until the next time I wake very annoying but glad to know its nothing