PDA

View Full Version : Bloated swollen stomach

lelespears
18-01-12, 19:19
My stomach is so SWollen and bloated it's awful and really scaring me. I feel full all the time. I have an underactive thyroid which is stable, also have ibs and reflux. I'm so scared I have a tumour or cancer or something! Things I've had done within the year.. Colonoscopy, endoscopy, full blood count, pelvic scan.

Lele x

miss_t
18-01-12, 21:21
Hi Lele :)

It seems like you have had enough tests to rule out anything serious. I have reflux and sometimes feel bloated. I also have IBS which makes me feel bloated too.

Could it be something you're eating?

lelespears
19-01-12, 07:17
Not really sure. I don't eat huge amounts of carbs etc

Lele x

Shiloh
19-01-12, 09:14
Hey lelespears

I have IBS and get that bloated thing all the time. My wife just says I've got a fat gut :blush: but I know some of it is the bloating that goes with IBS. I suppose it's trapped wind and can get quite painful too. Incidently I've had this on and off for years, annoying but not serious.:ohmy:

lelespears
19-01-12, 11:12
I just feel so bloated and like I can't get a proper breath...

Shiloh
19-01-12, 14:10
If you mean your breathing is shallow, that's a common symptom due to anxiety, I've had that too. Sorry you're not doing so good at the moment, it will pass and if it re-occurs you'll know it's not too serious and will pass again:)

nomorepanic
19-01-12, 14:13
You can get bloated from what they call "air swallowing" as well