PDA

View Full Version : leg pain

duke246810
18-01-12, 20:02
I am really worried about a symptom iI have hhad now for almost 5 days, in my legs constant pain behind the knee and down calfs anand ooccasionally in my thighs, its sometimes in both legs bbut mostly in one or the other it keekeeps changing. I have tingling in my foot that the leg iis huhurting and sometimes lower back paipain with this.. has anyone ever exexperienced this? As starting to get really worried and in alot of pain..

bignik
18-01-12, 20:05
I suffer similar but have protruding discs L1 - L5 and its the cause , lower back , buttocks , thigh and calves the main areas when problematic

duke246810
18-01-12, 20:09
Is it something I should be concerned about?

Em.ma
18-01-12, 20:09
it could be growing pains as your 17 years old. it could be something called scatia which isnt life threating but im not sure if young people get that. dont google it! haha.
honestly stop thinking about it as it will only get worse xx

bignik
18-01-12, 20:23
I would recommend visit to GP , usually he will send you to local a & e for x-ray, like said not life threatening more discomfort through inflamation , some voltarol / diclofenlac for the inflamation and some pain killers is about all the treatment they can offer.

At 17 years old though , usually it hits middle age upwards and through wear and tear

miss_t
18-01-12, 22:07
Sounds like nerve pain - possibly sciatica. Yes, young'uns can get it! :)

StressCase
18-01-12, 22:25
I have had bad back pain, buttock pain and pain in my legs as well as tingling in toes etc. At times the pain has been severe (had several weeks where I could hardly walk). The whole issue has been going on for months for me. In the end I was referred for an MRI but I was a bit better by the time I had the MRI. The MRI was completely clear. The consultant said despite this he thought it could have been started by a herniated disc which has heeled. After that things improved and I was 95% better and I wasn't convinced by the diagnosis. The pain has now moved to the other leg and it comes and goes. I started to look into whether anxiety can cause these sorts of symptoms and it can. If you are anxious, you will tense your muscles, and this will cause them to hurt, sometimes a lot. Muscles can refer pain as well and some muscle pain can mimic sciatica. Anxiety can also cause tingling. Please don't google herniated discs and sciatica because it may cause you un-necessary worry. Try to do something to help you relax (I've been trying deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation and meditation - feel free to google these) and hopefully the pain will start to improve. I find the more I worry about the pain the worse it gets so anything to distract you from it is also good.