PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline Success - but it took its time!!!

Ambers
18-01-12, 20:45
Nearly week 9.... driving to do the school run and suddenly it hit me... no anxiety, no panic at all. I feel like 'me' again. It did take the full 8 weeks to get to this point with a good few hiccups. I am down for CBT and hope to start weening myself off at the 6 month mark. I just hope this is not all too good to be true :blush: :D

cactusclunk
18-01-12, 20:55
That's awesome! :)

Dan1975
19-01-12, 13:28
Nearly week 9.... driving to do the school run and suddenly it hit me... no anxiety, no panic at all. I feel like 'me' again. It did take the full 8 weeks to get to this point with a good few hiccups. I am down for CBT and hope to start weening myself off at the 6 month mark. I just hope this is not all too good to be true :blush: :D

That's great news. I've been on Sertraline for about 7 weeks now. 50mg at first, but it was upped to 100mg last week. Still don't feel like it's doing much, but I will stick with it for a while longer. Fingers crossed!

alfredo1
19-01-12, 14:30
i've been on 50mg for 2 weeks. Feel like something has just clicked today to be honest. I was on 40mg of citalopram so went straight from citalopram to sertraline. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will last!

Stormsky
19-01-12, 15:09
Great news.. just remember that when you come off after 6 months, you could be back at square one, tablets dont cure you im afraid, they mask and make symptons you are suffering easier... thats how it was for me anyway...

pete69
20-01-12, 15:39
Great news.. just remember that when you come off after 6 months, you could be back at square one, tablets dont cure you im afraid, they mask and make symptons you are suffering easier... thats how it was for me anyway...

why do you presume it will be 6months when they are taken off them?
i was prescribed seroxat for 3.5years and am curently on nardil(phenelzine) for the past 3 years...if it works they wont cut it down that quick.

xhyperyogix
20-01-12, 19:38
So glad to hear this helps some people. I've been given it and am planning on starting tomorrow. So any advise greatly appreciated. It's 50mg. And I've got to go back to docs in 2 weeks.

PS my doc says you have to be on ads for at least 6 months to get the best benefit. She didn't say whether or not after that you immediately stop or continue with them. I assume if they are doing a good job, then stick with them.

Love Hyper xx

haz
20-01-12, 20:44
I was told years ago I would most probably have to take them for life.

It was wasn't for my medication, I probably wouldn't be typing this right now cos I wouldn't still be alive.

emma6981
20-01-12, 22:31

That's pretty negative and not very encouraging. Antidepressants don't make your troubles disappear but can put you in a better frame of mind to deal with them and improve your quality of life.
6 months is a very short time and I think it's better to be on them for too long then not enough time as you could relapse easily.
They will help you get your first step on the ladder and then you can make the changes to your life that will hopefully get you out of this period in your life.

Good luck xx

swanlinnet
02-02-12, 21:52
I was on Sertraline for about 7 months . Came off them. No withdrawals at all nor was I plunged back to the awful state of depression. Sertraline are so useful.