PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate - minimal exercise

pablo22
18-01-12, 21:13
Hey guys, it seems like if i go up or down the stairs i get palpitations that i can hear in my ear! is this normal??

miss_t
18-01-12, 21:23
Hi Pablo :)

I get the same thing - kind of a "full" feeling in my head and palps which I can hear as well as feel if that makes sense?

No idea what it is though, so not really much help am I?!

I'm sure it's nothing serious though

Ella_Jayne
18-01-12, 21:26
Palpitations meaning skipped beats or just an awareness of your heart rate?

pablo22
18-01-12, 21:29
ye!! i get a full feeling in my neck and sometimes my sinuse area! like its the same kinda of heart rate id get with a panic attack! hard beating :s... this like you?

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

like.... an awareness of my heart? it beats hard like! i can hear it in my ears! and fast

bignik
18-01-12, 21:30
I hear this too , but find holding my nose and mouth closed and blowing , ie popping my ears it goes away, I usually find it happens when in bed and all is quiet , its like when I sleep on my arm all I hear is heart beating boom boom boom

miss_t
18-01-12, 21:32
Pablo - let's shake hands! You've described the feeling I get better than I can!

It's strange isn't it? I haven't the foggiest what it is.

I also feel like my hearing dulls at the same time - do u get that?

pablo22
18-01-12, 21:34
hearing dulls?? whats that lol

miss_t
18-01-12, 21:36
hearing dulls?? whats that lol

Lol! Like the sounds around me - tv, whatever - get muted and all I can hear is my heart pounding

pablo22
18-01-12, 21:40
ye... kinda!, its the worst cause i have heart anxiety.. so it throws me over the edge when it happens.. ! i think m y hearts gonna fail and im just going to collapse and die :s

miss_t
18-01-12, 21:47
That was always a big worry for me too, but from reading posts here, I have started to realize that it's very unlikely that ur heart will give out and you will simply keel over.

Palps are a very common anxiety symptom, and I know from experience that worrying really does just make them worse.

Have u ever had an ECG?

pablo22
18-01-12, 21:52
ye, like .. one in Berlin (long story) .. they (with much protest) allowed me to be discharged.. mind you they spoke no english, so no one understood each other. than i had another one he in Ireland but i was only hooked on the machine for like 2 minutes .. cause the coped that i had anxiety :s ...

which makes me think somethings been missed :s

miss_t
18-01-12, 22:00
I've had 3, and mine lasted under 2 minutes, so I think that's normal.

Even though a skipped beat showed up on my last one they said all was fine and sent me on my way.

I think if you've had the ECG and nothing was detected you can be pretty confident. Honestly, the less you focus on them the less you notice them.

Good to know I'm not alone in the weird head sensation tho! :)

pablo22
18-01-12, 22:08
REALLY?? urs was only under 2 mins 2?? u dont knwo how happy that has just made me lol

miss_t
18-01-12, 22:13
Lol! It's true! It took more time to stick the sticky things on and hook me up than it did to run the test - what a palava!

pablo22
18-01-12, 22:16
same i honestly cant remember what wires they put on me i was such a wreck lol.... ... i had to hold onto the side of the wall when i was walking over today the cardiology department cause my head was SPINNING hahaha

miss_t
18-01-12, 22:20
Oh bless!

Listen, my granny has heart disease, only 1 valve working and a problem with her heart rhythm, plus she's had 2 heart attacks. She's still going blessher, and she's 83. If that's not proof that ur heart can be buggered yet still keep going, I don't k ow what is :)

pablo22
18-01-12, 23:40
that's amazing, brilliant yet my nana died 83, she had like 3 heart attacks .. listen if i get to 83 i think id be fairly hppy to leave lol x

alot calmer now.. chamoille tea does wonders

lrforge
19-01-12, 00:46
I think the fullness in the head feeling is from the trapezius muscle, which I have had LOADS of tightness with. This muscle runs inbetween the shoulder blades and up thru the back of your head. Stained muscles-and I get pals with it too!

VioletWings
19-01-12, 11:07
My heart beats fast from going up stairs, or just a bit of exertion, but I don't get it in my head. However, my boyfriend -who doesnt even have any anxiety disorder and is very healthy! says he can hear his heart pounding in his head when he's been up the stairs!! So do not worry! It's your awareness of it that's bothering you. If it''s worrying you like crazy go get the doctor to check you out just to reassure.