PDA

View Full Version : PLS HELP

katyfitz
18-01-12, 21:16
GUYS I FEEL SO ALONE AND NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE. I FIND MYSELF FEELING LIGHTHEADED ON A DAILY BASIS AND ALWAYS THINK IRRATIONAL THOUGHTS. I HAVE A PHOBIA OF FAINTING AND GET SCARED THIS WILL HAPPEN TO ME IN PUBLIC. IM IN A SHOW JUST NOW AT UNI AND WHEN IM ON STAGE MY HEAD FEELS HEAVY LIKE ITS NOT ATTACHED TO ME OR ITS GONNA FALL OFF MY BODY, MY LEGS FEEL LIKE THEY WILL COLLAPSE, I FEEL SICK AND JUST FEEL TO RUN OFF STAGE AND THEN I GET ALL HOT AND SWEATY AND START FORGETTING LINES. im so scared AND CANT FIGURE WAY TO CALM DOWN AND RELAX...PLS PLS PLS SOMEONE TALK TO ME X

racdun
18-01-12, 21:52
Hey katy, sorry you are feeling so bad. have you calmed down any bit yet. Just saw your post and thought I would send a quick reply while your online

katyfitz
18-01-12, 21:53
a little bit. i just wanna know im not dying or ill. i wanna deal with it properly x

racdun
18-01-12, 21:55
If you get chance to have 5 mins to yourself, go to the bathroom and breath slowly into your hands. You are probably hyperventilating which is why you feel so bad. It is all panic and wont kill you just it makes you feel very bad.
xxxx Hope your ok.

katyfitz
18-01-12, 21:58
so do my symptoms sound like normal anxiety ones x

racdun
18-01-12, 21:58
It all sounds like panic and overbreathing to me. When you overbreath you will feel strange all over and jelly legged and tingly and dizzy and have rapid thoughts that can be scarry. Have you had anxiety long.

katyfitz
18-01-12, 22:02
ages. just wondering if it will harm me thats all. x

racdun
18-01-12, 22:08
No it wont harm you, like i said it will make you feel bad and sick all over but if you even get a paper bag and breath into it, it will help temporarily. How old are you

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

What help have you had with your anxiety Katy, have you done CBT or are you on meds
If you havent already read it you should read Dr Claire Weeks book Self help for your nerves. It shouldnt cost that much but it is very good. But for now to try and get you feeling a bit better you need to calm your breathing and know that its only anxiety and wont kill you. Nice slow steady breaths in through your nose into your stomach and breathing out through your nose again from your stomach. Your chest shouldnt rise and fall.

katyfitz
18-01-12, 22:12
Thank u xx

racdun
18-01-12, 22:14
Are you any better Katy. Please pm me anytime you are struggling.
xxx

sunday
18-01-12, 22:25
hi katy,

this is how i feel too -lightheaded most of the time, as if i'm on the verge of fainting, its horrible! i just feel 'weird' all the time and it gets me down. its very hard but hopefully hearing others feel the same will make you feel a little better :)